2021 Week #16 GDT Steelers visit The Chiefs

Steeler Hitman

2021-steelers-vs-chiefs.jpg

Steelers lead the series 23-12. The Steelers had won three in a row versus the Chiefs before Patrick Mahomes won his first start against the Steelers.

Chiefs won the last game played at Heinz Field 42-37 in 2018. Mahomes passed for 326 yards, 6 TD's and had a QB rating of 154.8.

4570642_web1_ptr-SteelersTitans26-122021

We are going to need turnovers and a monster effort on defense.

mike-tomlin.jpg

We are going to have the 20 second offense in full swing this week.

494150196.jpg

For the love of baby Jesus can someone stop the dagdum bleeding in the run defense!

51fe6b55-4182-4fc3-8ce5-1ac356496086-AP2

We've got a plan to fix the jet sweep! I mean throw the ball to Dionte more.

182cd34f87a94bffa4d51791d47b32d1.jpg?wid

Congratulations on getting 1000 yards receiving Dionte!

1333879646.0.jpg

Wouldn't be a bad idea to get this kid some blocking. I felt your pain on the sideline last week. Hang in there! 

ZachKatharineLotzeGetty-Cropped.jpg

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Again, I present Big Sexy for the RT position. We need someone anyone who can get a push up front. Give this kid a chance!

USATSI_13990978_168386999_lowres.jpg

You may not have to throw a single pass with our run defense. Simply run the ball 45 or 50 times. 

bratjpg-7300fc69fd217ac6.jpg

Me watching my Steelers getting run on when on defense. We gave up a 19 play 10:27 drive last week against the Titans. The question is not if the Steelers will when. It is can they score more than two TD's? Can they play offense before the second half?  Telle them the game starts at 1:00. Maybe by the 4:25 kick-off our offense will start playing.  Chiefs win 31 -13 mercy rule. 

The Chiefs have been playing incredible defense. We can’t run the ball and can’t stop the run, certainly an awful combination. It seems like just a few weeks ago we had a good thing going with Najee and he was pulling up 4-5 yards runs pretty consistently. The last few weeks it’s looked like Benny Snell just jamming into the line up scrimmage for 0-2 yard gains. If we want to have a shot this week and moving forward the ground game needs to be fixed. We can’t rely on the defense getting us 3+ turnovers and short fields every game.

Even if we face the Chiefs B team due to Covid, going into arrowhead and pulling out a W will be a tall task for Ben Tomlin and Co. Sadly, I see us getting smacked back to reality here, picking up a W against either CLE or BAL and finishing up with a musty record of 8-8-1 and missing the playoffs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

The Chiefs have been playing incredible defense. We can’t run the ball and can’t stop the run, certainly an awful combination. It seems like just a few weeks ago we had a good thing going with Najee and he was pulling up 4-5 yards runs pretty consistently. The last few weeks it’s looked like Benny Snell just jamming into the line up scrimmage for 0-2 yard gains. If we want to have a shot this week and moving forward the ground game needs to be fixed. We can’t rely on the defense getting us 3+ turnovers and short fields every game.

Even if we face the Chiefs B team due to Covid, going into arrowhead and pulling out a W will be a tall task for Ben Tomlin and Co. Sadly, I see us getting smacked back to reality here, picking up a W against either CLE or BAL and finishing up with a musty record of 8-8-1 and missing the playoffs.

I agree with this, unfortunately. I think the AFC has a lot of middling teams, slogging away at each other. The Chiefs are hitting their stride and we’re slogging. If it was in Pittsburgh, I’d say there’s a decent chance we could win. Being in Arrowhead, I doubt it very much. Even if they just come out, play it safe, and run behind that big line, they’ll beat us 20-7 or something. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I agree with this, unfortunately. I think the AFC has a lot of middling teams, slogging away at each other. The Chiefs are hitting their stride and we’re slogging. If it was in Pittsburgh, I’d say there’s a decent chance we could win. Being in Arrowhead, I doubt it very much. Even if they just come out, play it safe, and run behind that big line, they’ll beat us 20-7 or something. 

I think, despite the rising cap, we’re starting to learn the impacts of QBs taking up 20+% of the cap number, the lessening of contact practices, and the rookie wage scale being so low compared to veteran contracts. Teams just aren’t deep anymore. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2021 at 7:08 AM, bigben07MVP said:

Yeah.

If this team were fully healthy with guys like Tuitt and Alualu still playing, I think it COULD be one of those games where we play much better than anyone expects and maybe pull of a win.

But with how we currently are, I cant see this team doing anything unless Patrick Mahomes is out....and even then the game would be close.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

So we are out 6 of our top 8 DL on the year this week? Maybe Banner can play NT? Maybe just go ahead and give Ben, Cam, TJ, Najee, and DJ a late season “bye”. 

Banner is on the COVID list too. I expect to see a few 2 DL and 5 LB alignments on run downs. Not that it matters because they suck at running the ball. 

Annoyed how they handle running backs. looks like Mcfarland is a bust and snell is snell. they can't find guys on the street that can offer little bit more than these guys? I see teams all the time find backs for better depth then what we have. then again no back will have success with the way this offense is built..ugh

10 hours ago, jebrick said:

Can the Steelers score more than 17 points vs the KC defense?

Can Mahomes, with out Kelce and Hill score more than 17 points vs the Steeler defense?

That is all you need to ask.

PK is out too, so maybe it will be the kicking game that helps.  Banner is out IIRC, but I agree with SH, get 72 some more snaps.  covid might squeak out a win for the steelers of all things

6 hours ago, August4th said:

Annoyed how they handle running backs. looks like Mcfarland is a bust and snell is snell. they can't find guys on the street that can offer little bit more than these guys? I see teams all the time find backs for better depth then what we have. then again no back will have success with the way this offense is built..ugh

I honestly forgot McFarland was on the team. Just another guy suiting up and taking a hat and paycheck for no reason. At least Snell plays ST snaps.