2021 Week #16 GDT Steelers visit The Chiefs

Steeler Hitman

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

This is a HS level offense.  Harris needs to sit his butt down until he learns to RUN THROUGH THE HOLE.  This oline does not work for the Bell delay.  Holes are not going to open up if he waits.

Shades of that Bama RB the Browns drafted. 

And as I type there was that stupid stupid calls. Ben man. Decided pre snap who was getting the ball. 

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Personally I think it’s tough for this team to do because no one but DJ have a rhythm with Ben. I know I’ve said this about a few OCs in the past, and maybe it’s a Ben problem, maybe it’s a Tomlin issue; but there is way too much subbing offensively especially at WR. Maybe it’s a Ben thing because they run a ton with slow developing plays. Maybe it’s a Tomlin thing thinking it keeps guys fresh. I remember back in the day going full drives without Brown or Bell in there. 

From my experience (which means very little) that comes from the HC. He gives the Gladiator styles thumbs up or thumbs down  as the director of the game. But a downside 3 and out From the hurry up with will take less than a minute with a poor defense that takes a ton of snaps is hard to commit too. 

But we are at the point I think Tomlin needs to start making chaos decisions and roll the dice. Sitting back in zone to contain on defense isn’t going to work without an offense incapable of moving the ball down 17. There needs to be an adjustment. 

Edited by Dcash4
Added “in” because this offense isn’t capable.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

From my experience (which means very little) that comes from the HC. He gives the Gladiator styles thumbs up or thumbs down  as the director of the game. But a downside 3 and out From the hurry up with will take less than a minute with a poor defense that takes a ton of snaps is hard to commit too. 

But we are at the point I think Tomlin needs to start making chaos decisions and roll the dice. Sitting back in zone to contain on defense isn’t going to work without an offense incapable of moving the ball down 17. There needs to be an adjustment. 

That’s fair enough. 

What a great example of how bad the team is in that Hardman TD. Lol. 

• Like 1

This is super late but it was a random comment I had and forgot to send…but Ben is awful at RPO’s with multiple options. Though, it shouldn’t be surprising as it’s not what he played for 20+ years of his football career. 

But this is two straight weeks he has blown a 2 receiver read on a RPO to his face side. He just picks the wrong receiver…both times the slot guy. 

• Like 1