LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

This is very unlike our organization.

Not the interest in a high profile player, but  this information leaking out. I've talked to people who have connections in the organization and we are one of the most tight lipped teams in the NFL. Nothing gets out. That's why when we do trades, its very rarely floated beforehand.

I'd be curious what our offer is. I would be comfortable with a 2nd, but I would want a longer term deal in place. 3 years max, $12Mil per. Slightly better than Saquon but he also has less of an injury history. 

I think I'd also be somewhat comfortable with a 2nd, but would want to hold firm on a 3rd. He's a great back, but not sure how much he will move the needle for us. And a 2nd for us is looking like a top 40 pick. 

I don't know what you can learn from the last PS game....except depht of the team is horrible. 

Benett played a very good 1st game and then fell apart. HOrrible decision...he's not ready at all. I even think Rypien would be the back up. 

Not how I expected the last pre season game to go down, but that’s how it went. 

Bennett is a rookie, not a 3rd year starter, so he’s going to look pathetic sometimes.

The defensive depth is a little concerning, but it’s something we’ll have to deal with considering we’re playing more rookies than usual.  If the offense remains intact, it should alleviate the young defense. 

There's really nothing we can take away from a preseason game at altitude with backups. It does appear Stafford is going to have to play at an MVP level for this team to make the playoffs. And I think he's capable of it if the line can give him time. 

The positives for me during preseason were Rivers, Davis Allen, and Evans. The defensive line has guys that shows flashes but there's absolutely no consistency. Which is to be expected given their age and ability. Just need incremental improvements each week from them. 

On 8/23/2023 at 1:03 PM, pf9 said:

I think I know why the Rams were bad last year.

The Rams also failed to have winning seasons in 1992, 1998, 2004 (they were an 8-8 playoff team that year though), 2010 and 2016.

What do those seasons and 2022 all have in common? They are all years divisible by 6. The last time the Rams had a winning season in such a year was 1986. So chalk it up to some sort of curse.

If you're capable of making a Rams horns helmet out of tin foil, I will commit to wearing that to a game this season.

On 8/24/2023 at 7:54 AM, LeotheLion said:

I think I'd also be somewhat comfortable with a 2nd, but would want to hold firm on a 3rd. He's a great back, but not sure how much he will move the needle for us. And a 2nd for us is looking like a top 40 pick. 

I'll be honest, he's a great back, but a great back isn't moving the needle in the current NFL unless you've also got a plus (i.e. above average) OL... and we ain't got that.  And I'm not committing assets that would provide utility in getting the later in order to try and get the former, especially when we'd also be talking a hefty contract coming onto the books - we'd basically be looking at a redux of the second-half of SJax's prime where we didn't really have the OL to heavy-lean on the running game.  +RB's hitting the market aren't going to be in short supply in the future, so it's not like we're looking a gift opportunity in the mouth.  Build the line then worry about making the investment in the high-tier RB.

On 8/24/2023 at 10:54 AM, LeotheLion said:

No seconds or firsts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

No seconds or firsts.

giphy.gif

What are the biggest needs of this team moving forward?  OL and pass-rushers.  What picks can you ill afford to piss away if you need OL and pass-rushers (because there's an early premium on them, particularly the ones with starters' ceilings and athletic ability)?  1sts and 2nds.

• Like 1

Why did the Rams cut Bruss?

I get he has had his injury issues but if that was the case when Saffold was with the Rams he wouldve been cut long time ago with his injury issues he had early on throughout his career with the Rams. Like the Rams drafted Bruss for a reason. Let him get on the field and show what he can do over time developing. Thats just a wasted pick imo. Thats worst than the Everett pick. And thats why Im always for the Rams trading picks to get players bc its not a lock that a team drafts a prospect and he turns to be anything for that team.

Still stand by the statement: We are the biggest boom or bust team in the NFL this year.

There is a pathway to 10 wins.

There is a pathway to crash/burn 3 wins where Stafford doesn't make it past week 7.

Both are on the table. Offense needs to score 28ppg to overcome this defense. 

• Like 1

Still stand by the statement: We are the biggest boom or bust team in the NFL this year.

There is a pathway to crash/burn 3 wins where Stafford doesn't make it past week 7.

3 wins as a floor seems almost impossible w/ playing Arizona twice. But I agree there is a at least a 5-6 game variance with how our season could go. I'm bullish on the offense at least. 

I feel like there's a fair comparison between our team this year and last year's Vikings team.  The defense is potentially bad enough that no lead is safe and we'll likely be in a lot of close games that may well be coin-flips on whether we win or not.

6 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Because he's not very good. Another gem by Snead. 

What a waste....he was a 3rd round pick....

And we didn't find a K either.....errr we got 4 months to find 1 kicker, 4 months !!

Edited by Flounch