Week 16 - Bills at Patriots - the fight for the AFCE approaches a thrilling denouement

scottishpatriot

I used to throw the biggest fit over these types of losses but let's be glad we at least split and can still make the playoffs. It's progress.

Anyone who pegged us as SB contenders is crazy. We're a work in progress. Just keep moving forward.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 6

49 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Pretty much. Bourne is the only one I’d want to keep. 

Meyers is worth keeping long term if the price is right. He just shouldn't be the main guy on a championship level team. He and Bourne are good players, they just aren't #1/#2 options. 

Agholor is good too.. he showed it in Vegas... he just isn't a #1 option. If you push everyone down a spot then we would consider these options much better overall. Lacking speed all over the field certainly hurts though 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jofos said:

As far as drafting a WR, Justyn Ross will likely be available in the second round. He fractured his foot in November so that's a concern and why he will be around in the second.

Ross if healthy is the best WR in the draft, hands down. It him and all the rest.  The problem is not his foot. He had spine surgery.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/clemsons-justyn-ross-to-undergo-spinal-surgery

You are right if he can play he's worth the gamble.

19 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Meyers is worth keeping long term if the price is right. He just shouldn't be the main guy on a championship level team. He and Bourne are good players, they just aren't #1/#2 options. 

Agholor is good too.. he showed it in Vegas... he just isn't a #1 option. If you push everyone down a spot then we would consider these options much better overall. Lacking speed all over the field certainly hurts though 

IMHO if you bump every WR down and draft or bring in a genuine 1 WR, it’s still a mediocre unit. 

I have no idea why so many here pump Meyer’s tyres up so much. Maybe it’s because he is likeable. How many teams does he start for, even as a 2 or 3? Maybe like 5-10. That’s where we are…bottom 10 for offensive receiving 

18 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

IMHO if you bump every WR down and draft or bring in a genuine 1 WR, it’s still a mediocre unit. 

I have no idea why so many here pump Meyer’s tyres up so much. Maybe it’s because he is likeable. How many teams does he start for, even as a 2 or 3? Maybe like 5-10. That’s where we are…bottom 10 for offensive receiving 

I am not the biggest Meyers fan but I do see that he should be in this league for awhile. Is he a guy who should be getting 100 catches a season? No, but he is worth keeping on the team if the price is right. He's a guy who is your #4 option on a championship team. The best case scenario would be a team signing him in free agency and the Patriots get a pick in return.. but the odds of that happening are slim to none. Just looking at the Buffalo game will show his value, he's a tough guy who more often than not catches all the passes he should catch. 

Bourne has done very well in this system and I think will do even better next year.. is he a top 2 WR on a championship team? Nope, but the guy makes plays and has been very reliable. He is a guy who can be your #3 option on a championship team.

Agholor has helped more than on the stat sheet and I think this weekend helped to show his value. He is the only speed on the team so teams have to cover him.. if you had another player on the team with speed you'd see him getting more catches imo. He cost them the Dallas game with a big drop but other than the occasional drop he's a good WR to have on your team. He is a guy who forces the defense to cover the entire field.. and you need guys like that on a successful offense. Is he the best #2 in the league, nope.. but I think he can do the job. Either way, they only have 1 more year on this deal and could get out of it with minimal cap hit if they can trade him somewhere in the offseason... but unless you get speed in return, it would be crazy to trade him. 

Henry is Mr. Reliable.. he isn't flashy but he is a good starting TE in this league. You can win a championship with Henry imo. Jonnu should be more and I blame the coaching staff on that one.. but I'll leave him out of this equation for the moment. 

Mac needs James White or someone like him.. can Stevenson become that guy? Time will tell, but it certainly seems like they don't expect Taylor to be that guy. Having a reliable, fast RB is a major part of making sure this offense runs well. Bolden isn't a long term solution there.. but the hope would be that Stevenson/Harris can catch more out of the backfield in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if BB tries to draft a 3rd down back though if White is gone and they've given up on Taylor. 

Add Jaylen Waddle or someone like him to this team.. and they aren't top 5 but they can be top 10 receiving unit. You have guys who are reliable.. they just aren't fast. Adding someone who is genuinely explosive would really help the entire unit imo. The problem is where you find those guys.. Waddle was a top 10 pick, and the two most explosive guys in this draft will likely go in the top 20 picks. Not to mention the fact that BB would probably rather draft a CB/LB/OT over a WR 

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

The problem is where you find those guys.. Waddle was a top 10 pick, and the two most explosive guys in this draft will likely go in the top 20 picks. Not to mention the fact that BB would probably rather draft a CB/LB/OT over a WR 

AJ Brown, Terry McLaurin, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, Elijah Moore, Chase Claypool, Diontae Johnson, Gabriel Davis, Darius Slayton, Van Jefferson, Michael Pittman, Rondale Moore, Tee Higgins, KJ Osborn, Josh Palmer just to name a few. All non-first rounders in the last few drafts. The problem isn't scarcity of talent. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

AJ Brown, Terry McLaurin, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, Elijah Moore, Chase Claypool, Diontae Johnson, Gabriel Davis, Darius Slayton, Van Jefferson, Michael Pittman, Rondale Moore, Tee Higgins, KJ Osborn, Josh Palmer just to name a few. All non-first rounders in the last few drafts. The problem isn't scarcity of talent. 

In general that true you can get game breakers in the second however I'm not sure this is the year. The draft info is still coming out however so far I don't see many after the 1st round.

These are the WR projected in the 2nd very good WR however not game breakers or they have big risk such as Ross. There is no defenses nightmares.

David Bell  --- bigger Amendola

John Metchie III  --- Can play outside however works better in middle

George Pickens  ----  Never happen all he Care's about is making ESPN highlights. Skilled game breaker could be AB II The idiot part.

Wan'Dale Robinson  --- Small reminds me of Rondale Moore type. He will play  slot for Pats. Justyn Ross

Jalen Tolbert  ---  IMO a true game breaker, just what your looking for but from small school.  One of my sleepers

Romeo Doubs  -- look the part but his hand are in question. Small school. Not ready for the next level

Alec Pierce  ---  Another favorite. but not a game breaker, knows how to play but not a game breaker. A pro who know how to play position.

Best case scenario, never happen. Dotson and Pierce.  😁

Edited by m haynes