Week 16 - Bills at Patriots - the fight for the AFCE approaches a thrilling denouement

scottishpatriot

37 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

The chances still look good.

We will probably draw the Bills in the playoffs.

Honesty wouldn’t hate it….It’s not like we have much of a shot to make a deep run, so would be nice to possibly get the last laugh and knock them out.

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

I hate WR in the 1st but you have to bite the bullet and take one if he's a potential game breaker. Also send  BB on a trip with his girlfriend the night of the draft! Let whoever ran the draft this year to it in 2022!!!

ADDED Mac Jones has to work on arm strength. That last throw didn't make the EZ and it was only 45 yards!

Agreed on Mac needing to work on arm strength.. I do wonder if the long season is starting to tire him out a bit too. Especially with the added game. If he really takes the offseason program seriously, which I expect he will.. we should see much better conditioning from Mac next season.

A follow up on the WR's too.. I haven't watched as much college football lately but I don't see much in terms of game breakers in this draft outside of Williams and Wilson. What this team needs is a fast player with good hands who doesn't run sloppy routes. That is no easy task to find.. but London/Burks look slow to me .. and Olave looks like a sure thing good player in this league but more quick than fast. Maybe Dotson as an option the beginning of the second round?? 

Way too many WRs in this draft are making big contested catches in their highlights and aren't getting open against college CB's... I've seen way too much of N'Keal Harry to want to draft someone like that in the top 50 picks of the draft. 

11 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Agreed on Mac needing to work on arm strength.. I do wonder if the long season is starting to tire him out a bit too. Especially with the added game. If he really takes the offseason program seriously, which I expect he will.. we should see much better conditioning from Mac next season.

A follow up on the WR's too.. I haven't watched as much college football lately but I don't see much in terms of game breakers in this draft outside of Williams and Wilson. What this team needs is a fast player with good hands who doesn't run sloppy routes. That is no easy task to find.. but London/Burks look slow to me .. and Olave looks like a sure thing good player in this league but more quick than fast. Maybe Dotson as an option the beginning of the second round?? 

Way too many WRs in this draft are making big contested catches in their highlights and aren't getting open against college CB's... I've seen way too much of N'Keal Harry to want to draft someone like that in the top 50 picks of the draft. 

Spot on however I'm not sure what the Pats can or will do when the season is finished. It looks like the pick will be higher than projected over that last few weeks. You might have a chance with the 2 WRs you mentioned.  The QB run will push players down the board in the later half of the draft. IMO QB run (should) will start about pick 10 to 15.

The Pats have so many holes. Do they take a WR that high when they have other major needs such as LB or CB or do they trade down. Dotson in the 2nd maybe. I doubt he makes out of the 1st rd. I can't see KC, Tampa or Green Bay passing on him.

Probably reading too much Into it, but I can imagine Mac’s comment about bad practice still rankles with Bill. I’ve never heard one of our players say that.  

as for this game, it didn’t look like a BB coached team. Which is what we were saying early in the season 

Here are two WRs that I see BB looking at and IMO would be the disappointing to say the least. 

Treylon Burks ......  WR Arkansas 6'3" 232 lbs

• effective as a downfield blocker. Is not shy about taking on his man, provides some pop and will open a running lane
  • large frame and long arms. Good body control to shield defenders and understands how to use his size to his advantage.
  • A decent open-field runner
  • Comes off the snap high and upright, and takes a while to hit top speed
  • Need to improve his route - tends to short cut and round them off to often
  • Doesn't always give 100% on every play
  • Hasn't run many diffrent routes at Arkansas and so will enter the NFL very raw
  • Has had a probelm with drops

Drake London .....  WR  USC  6'5" 210 lbs

• Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
  • In the run game, he is a strong and tough blocker
  • not great long speed but is top-notch going up to get a contented deep ball
  • doesn't get to top speed quickly. Not sudden or elusive.
  • Not very quick off the line of scrimmage

These all all the traits I don't want in a WR. I sick to death with the lack of speed and game breaking ability. IMO these two have bust written all over them.

WR  I like are guy that will scare the defense to death such as

Jameson Williams

Garrett Wilson

Jahan Dotson

True game breakers.

Sleeper

Jalen Tolbert WR | South Alabama

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Treylon-Burks-WR-Arkansas

This just one site that mentioned these traits.

I want my Stanley Morgan!!! Damn it.

Edited by m haynes

Mac has played one more game this year than he hid last year so the season isn't that long in comparison. He played against two really good defenses the last two games. He lost Agholor early last week and didn't have him at all yesterday. Bourne missed the entire week of practice and played 47% of the snaps. While Agholor hasn't been much to write home about, he is a threat. Yesterday the Bills shifted coverage away from Harry and made him the best option as far as coverage goes. Harry was still not a good option.

I know people say that McDaniels needs to find ways to get the ball to Jonnu Smith, but Smith has to do something himself. Jonnu hasn't shown that he is receiving threat. He has dropped a lot of passes and he doesn't get open.

As far as drafting a WR, Justyn Ross will likely be available in the second round. He fractured his foot in November so that's a concern and why he will be around in the second.