The Browns sorry search for pass catchers

Kiwibrown

17 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Bump.

No one on this team can make a catch that isn’t perfect.

Absolutely boggles my mind how often they drop even (the rare) perfect throws. It's like there's just zero chemistry, as if the other teams play on earth and we play on Tatooine and one sun is always in Baker's eyes and the other in the receiver's. I look at OBJ being back to his old self as soon as he splits Mos Eisley and wonder if even a Jamar Chase type draft pick would have success in our wretched hive of a passing game.

Edited by dawgdish
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Absolutely boggles my mind how often they drop even (the rare) perfect throws. It's like there's just zero chemistry, as if the other teams play on earth and we play on Tatooine and one sun is always in Baker's eyes and the other in the receiver's. I look at OBJ being back to his old self as soon as he splits Mos Eisley and wonder if even a Jamar Chase type draft pick would have success in our wretched hive of a passing game.

It’s not just that they seemingly drop easy passes WAY too often, it’s that they also don’t make up for it by making the hard ones.  Nor do they take those passes they do manage to catch and do anything with them. They get the minimum amount of YAC.

I can think of like 2 plays all season where a receiver really made a noteworthy play, one was the fluke Hail Mary and the other was the screen to Felton early in the year.  Maybe I’m missing one or two, but not many.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Didn’t you just say you’re hopping for Dean R1?  Like, this morning?? 😂 

Don’t ever change you beautiful, ambivalent bastard.

Yes

I want Dean bad in the 1st round, but I don’t think we will get him. I looked at the teams ahead of us and they all suck 😔

11 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I would seriously consider Michael Thomas if he can pass a medical. 

draft a guy in the 1st. 

By the time Thomas goes crazy the no.1 is ready to go. 

Hahaha. It's just crazy enough to work. Somewhere else. In Cleveland, he's going Antonio Brown mode within a month.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2022 at 2:40 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s an off ball LB, it’s still possible I’d imagine.

How high might we be picking?  Does anyone know our range yet?

Joe Burrow is resting this Sunday, so lower than 11 I’d imagine