Week 17 : Team without a Name but probably still contagious vs Eagles Rd 2

Nabbs4u

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'd like to see if he can improve next year with more talent coming in from potentially some FRPs. I don't think he's great, but I don't think he's as bad as many feel he is around here. He's learning too like Sirianni. I'm willing to give it time.

Look at our defensive ratings since Week 8... People here are absurd sometimes

Edited by Wentz you dog you

19 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Look at our defensive ratings since Week 8... People here are absurd sometimes

Quoting stats without context is what is absurd… yes we abused terrible QBs by playing soft and aLlowing them to be bad. We also let multiple awful teams stay in games for no reason because we just permanently sit in soft zones. Garrett Gilbert had WAY too much time and got too much done. Heinicke just had a great half of football vs our D for no reason.

You are blindly throwing praise and defending him when the reality is he has done a lot of things wrong during the hot streak too. Most peoples main gripe with his is how soft our defense is. Second most zone coverage in the league, one of the lowest blitz rates in the league… we get shredded by good QBs for a reason. Our defense has been boring and unimaginative. We were promised a defense that generates pressure and confuses QBs… we have gotten the zone version of Gym Shorts defense.

Is our personnel on defense top tier? No, but it also is far from bottom tier. To suggest our D is over performing would be incorrect. To suggest it is significantly underperforming would also be incorrect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Quoting stats without context is what is absurd… yes we abused terrible QBs by playing soft and aLlowing them to be bad. We also let multiple awful teams stay in games for no reason because we just permanently sit in soft zones. Garrett Gilbert had WAY too much time and got too much done. Heinicke just had a great half of football vs our D for no reason.

You are blindly throwing praise and defending him when the reality is he has done a lot of things wrong during the hot streak too. Most peoples main gripe with his is how soft our defense is. Second most zone coverage in the league, one of the lowest blitz rates in the league… we get shredded by good QBs for a reason. Our defense has been boring and unimaginative. We were promised a defense that generates pressure and confuses QBs… we have gotten the zone version of Gym Shorts defense.

Is our personnel on defense top tier? No, but it also is far from bottom tier. To suggest our D is over performing would be incorrect. To suggest it is significantly underperforming would also be incorrect.

Yeah and it's takes like this that are too far in the other direction.

Gannon has a lot he needs to improve on. He's young and despite the poor level of competition, he has looked better as of late. Well enough that he should at least get next year. Do I think he's a mainstay for the long haul? Probably a better chance he'd gone by 2024 than him still being around, but he's done well enough lately to at least get another shot.

30 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah and it's takes like this that are too far in the other direction.

Gannon has a lot he needs to improve on. He's young and despite the poor level of competition, he has looked better as of late. Well enough that he should at least get next year. Do I think he's a mainstay for the long haul? Probably a better chance he'd gone by 2024 than him still being around, but he's done well enough lately to at least get another shot.

I said absolutely nothing unfair. I said that he has issues, but that our defense has performed up to its talent levels. We are terrible vs good QBs but do well vs bad ones. It is a product of an extremely safe scheme that good QBs pick apart and bad QBs make mistakes into.

If you think our defense isn't incredibly passive idk what to tell you.

3 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

No need now. Torn ACL. Don't sign list now

Don't want anything to do with former anything NFCE, especially a Cowboy.  

Glad he's on that list if some of you were even entertaining the notion. 

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Cool name the last Cowboy that worked out as a Eagle, I'll wait?

Giant?

Deadskin?

You might be right, I dont feel like looking but eliminating wanting to add a good player because of who he played for last is a dumb and lazy process no matter the results 

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

You might be right, I dont feel like looking but eliminating wanting to add a good player because of who he played for last is a dumb and lazy process no matter the results 

If you decide to actually look it up, pretty sure you'd play the odds too and avoid any and all at all costs.

Honestly having a hard time thinking of anyone since or other then the Axe Man Jerimiah Trotter?

Edited by Nabbs4u

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If you decide to actually look it up, pretty sure you'd play the odds too and avoid any and all at all costs.

Honestly having a hard time thinking of anyone since or other then the Axe Man Jerimiah Trotter?

Helmet scouting is gross no matter how you do it. A good player is a good player….period