Week 17 SNF Vikings @ Packers: Postgame - Packers WIN 37-10, CLINCH #1 seed!

FAH1223

4 hours ago, Malfatron said:

players dont have incentive to tank.

While that’s true they also won’t get extra fired up to play a meaningless game in a dead season. If the coach is breathing fire, and the players buy in, there will still be some business decisions made if you get behind in the score early. 

Anyway, I don’t believe the coach or the players of this year’s Lions will be in full tank mode, was just pointing out it would only help them to tank with a very improbable Jax win. Detroit will be fired up early on and even one or two hits on 12 will have our coach wanting to sit him. It can definitely be a psychological advantage, like a Ferrari vs. and old beat up truck on a high way.  The Ferrari is faster but you probably give the truck a wide berth  because they have nothing to lose in a small collision. 

Edited by Refugee

19 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Felt like that ball was exactly in that tiny little spot where you don't know if you turn your back and catch the ball over your shoulder or square up and catch it in front of you. Looked to me like he got crossed up and was turning his body to catch it in front of him and his hands to catch it over his shoulders. 

Such a perfect throw.. Probably a couple inches either way and he grabs it easily. 

Yeah if you really watch the Deguara snaps the lights are coming on. Hopefully someone turns that dimmer all the way up here shortly.

• Like 1

Royce Newman's pass-blocking has been very good in recent games, IMO.  I know he's received some criticism on the board.  But I'm kind of a fan, at least as regards his pass protection.  Or at least when he's doing just man-on-man pass protection, and knows what his responsibilities are.  Not sure on stunts or blitzes.  But it seems to me that he's got the feet and the body-balance to be a very good pass-blocker.  

2 hours ago, BAM said:

That may be true, but what he and the Packers want even more is a trip to the Super Bowl and bringing home the Lombardi.

I'm not sure sitting out week 17 because you have led your team to the best record in football and the #1 seed hurts his chances at all of winning the MVP, in fact I believe it enhances them.

Players only develop and demonstrate when given opportunities. This is the perfect setting to safely get those opportunities and benefit the team. Aaron hasn't practiced in weeks. If I were in charge my message would be hit it hard in meeting and take the time to heal and get ready to roll through the playoffs.

I'm for playing our guys a few series (2 or 3) and then taking them out. Give Love 3 quarters of the game. I'm not a Love hater whatsoever. I'd like to see the kid play a lot next week and be able to sling it around a little. 

I want to see him start to work though his progressions and start to look like he's got a chance to be an NFL QB. I'm hopeful for the kid. As much as I'd like Rodgers back, it may not happen. Need for Love to progess. 

Yes, we need to win the Super Bowl this year too.  

• Like 1

Moore the new punt returner looked good.  Looked safe.  Seemed very sure about getting himself positioned for the catch, and making the catch. 

• The only kinda bad one was the early punt where he got creamed.  Seemed like there was enough traffic that he should have called for a fair-catch on that one.  But I don't think he actually ever signaled for fair-catch?  

50 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Dillon not making the top five on this list completely discredits PFF in my opinion.

I swear I read last night he is a top 5 running back on pff over the season so far though. Which surprised me some

• Like 1

I listened to Rodgers post-game interview. 

• He was positive about his toe.  Said his toe had no setbacks yesterday, and that had felt pretty good during the week.  He thought that with the bye, that it should be pretty much completely healed by the playoffs.  
  • I'm not sure he knows any more than we do about injured guys.  But he seemed very optimistic that some, perhaps many, of the injured guys would be back, sooner or later.  Again, I'm sure the medical guys aren't giving reports to Aaron, so who knows.  But he has certainly not written off Z or Bakhti for coming back.  
  • He suggested that *if* this had been a playoff game, that Cobb would have probably already been good enough to play.  So, he seemed to think Cobb was a no-brainer.
  • He referred to Z I think at least twice; so *IF* we were to get to the Super Bowl, I think Rodgers is hopeful that Z could be back by or before then.  
  • He mentioned that he hopes some of the guys will be able to be back and to get some snaps next week.  
  • Rodgers' optimism about the injured guys obviously proves nothing.  But *IF* Myers or Bakhti seemed super stiff or distant and nowhere close, I'd think Rodgers might in some cases have noticed.  So, I'm kinda encouraged that his optimism about them is not without some substance.  

Rodgers completed two beautiful deep balls to Adams and to Lazard. 

• I've sometimes felt that his long-ball wasn't the best because it always needed to be perfect or else it would be overthrown.   I've that that putting more air under it would give the receiver more time to set himself up to make the catch, or to draw a DPI.  But Rodgers seemed to often just gun it so that either the receiver would race-and-stretch to catch it or else it would just be an incomplete overthrow.  
  • But it seemed to me that both of those Adams/Lazard completion were the more high-ball throws.  The defender certainly had a chance to get at the Lazard ball.  But Rodgers lobbed it such that Lazard had a chance to position his weight and balance, and to just win a one-on-one against the shorter, weaker defender.   I love doing it that way.  
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, craig said:

Rodgers completed two beautiful deep balls to Adams and to Lazard. 

• I've sometimes felt that his long-ball wasn't the best because it always needed to be perfect or else it would be overthrown.   I've that that putting more air under it would give the receiver more time to set himself up to make the catch, or to draw a DPI.  But Rodgers seemed to often just gun it so that either the receiver would race-and-stretch to catch it or else it would just be an incomplete overthrow.  
  • But it seemed to me that both of those Adams/Lazard completion were the more high-ball throws.  The defender certainly had a chance to get at the Lazard ball.  But Rodgers lobbed it such that Lazard had a chance to position his weight and balance, and to just win a one-on-one against the shorter, weaker defender.   I love doing it that way.  

One of the things that makes Aaron a unique talent is his ability to deliver both kinds of throw and to distinguish between which is appropriate in that specific throw and context.

Adams frequently feasts on the laser that he make the late move/reveal to ****** the ball before the defender even has time to recognize the ball is on the way. The high lob was exactly the type of throw to make to a 6-5 receiver like Lazard where the defender sees the ball but Aaron trusts his receiver to go up and get it anyway. 

Edited by BAM