Week 17 GDT - Houston Texans at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jimmy couldn't even pass yesterday lol. The swelling isn't going to go down today and this will be the last true practice of the week. 

I'm not asking for Sherfield to replace Deebo/Aiyuk. But those snaps that Jennings and Benjamin are in for, can some of those snaps go to Sherfield? 

I think those are two very different roles for Sherfield / Jennings in a perfect world, but if you want to take more shots down the field as opposed to underneath then I could see that being more of a rotation. Benjamin simply shouldn't be playing, so if we want to give all those to Sherfield, I'm in. But for most of the year, he's hovered around 15-30% snap share and I wouldn't expect that to change that much. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think those are two very different roles for Sherfield / Jennings in a perfect world, but if you want to take more shots down the field as opposed to underneath then I could see that being more of a rotation. Benjamin simply shouldn't be playing, so if we want to give all those to Sherfield, I'm in. But for most of the year, he's hovered around 15-30% snap share and I wouldn't expect that to change that much. 

He's been averaging like 10 snaps a game for the last three games....I think we could be seeing him get a bit more than that vs Houston. 

But time to unleash Aiyuk on those deep routes and for Lance to give him a chance to make a play.....Something Jimmy does not do. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's been averaging like 10 snaps a game for the last three games....I think we could be seeing him get a bit more than that vs Houston. 

That's about 20% of the snaps we have run lol. 

12 against TN (20%), 13 against CIN (18%). For some reason he only played 5 snaps against ATL? Not sure what happened there. But 5 snaps was 9%, so if he had gotten 10-12, it would have been about 20% again. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I believe Dallas has the tie breaker, so they have to win with a Dallas loss. But green Bay has Detroit the final week, so they are ostensibly clinching

Was hoping that the Cowboys would beat the Cardinals and that the Rams would not have anything to play for next week lol. But IF the Cowboys do beat the Cardinals, I don't think the Rams have a shot at getting the #1 seed and would have the division locked up at that point.