Week 17 GDT - Houston Texans at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

31 minutes ago, sherm said:

Just go full Trey Lance. Stop with Jimmy gonna save us. 

Here me out...starting to think it was John call on Trey. Kyle top choice had to be another QB. 

So Kyle, who has more power than ANYONE in the organization minus the York's is going to take someone at #3 that he doesn't want? How does that even make sense? If Kyle did not want Lance, then he would have drafted someone else. The plan has been clear on what Kyle has wanted all season. We can disagree with that strategy but from day one this is how it was going to go. Lance surprised the coaches to start TC and there was a slight chance he was going to be the starter but always going to be unlikely. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sherm said:

Here me out...starting to think it was John call on Trey. Kyle top choice had to be another QB. 

That's like a less than 1% chance for me. I just see no way that happens at all. John ostensibly works for Kyle and if your GM is stepping on the toes of your offensively minded genius HC in terms of selecting a QB, you may as well blow that up right away. 

Kyle was always pretty up front about wanting Jimmy to play this year and Trey to sit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That's like a less than 1% chance for me. I just see no way that happens at all. John ostensibly works for Kyle and if your GM is stepping on the toes of your offensively minded genius HC in terms of selecting a QB, you may as well blow that up right away. 

Kyle was always pretty up front about wanting Jimmy to play this year and Trey to sit. 

Agreed what is the chances that Kyle and John both you know really loved Lance. Why does it always have to be one or the other. Lol

1 hour ago, Forge said:

And the guy that gave the team the biggest eye opener last year was Josh Allen. That was a game in which the coaching staff felt they matched up well outside of QB and they just got eviscerated. After hearing Shanahan’s press conference from that game, I had a strong feeling that the team was going to try to get someone with real physical upside at the position, and I had never felt before that they had any interest in such players.

• Like 2

So good reports once Trey starts taking the starter snaps? You don't say!!! 

Trey now will get to do what he does best and make a killing on the inside zone runs. Compliments Mitchell well but it would be even better if one of them was a true receiving threat. I guess we have Wilson for that. 

Still not expecting much from Trey this week. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So good reports once Trey starts taking the starter snaps? You don't say!!! 

Trey now will get to do what he does best and make a killing on the inside zone runs. Compliments Mitchell well but it would be even better if one of them was a true receiving threat. I guess we have Wilson for that. 

Still not expecting much from Trey this week. 

Wasn't activated 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Even if he did get activated, it was going to be hard for him to get many snaps. 

More excited about Mitchell returning. No more than 13-15 carries please. 

He's going to get 20+, I think. I only see Lance throwing it 18-21 times or so and I do expect us to be winning. Goal is probably 40 total carries again

Just now, Forge said:

He's going to get 20+, I think. I only see Lance throwing it 18-21 times or so and I do expect us to be winning. Goal is probably 40 total carries again

He shouldn't be getting that many carries as he clearly can't handle it. Give him 15 carries, Wilson can get 10-12 carries and Lance can have 5-7 carries as well as Hasty. Oh yeah, you have Deebo who can get a few himself. You can get close to 40 carries without giving Mitchell 20+ carries. 

6 hours ago, JIllg said:

And the guy that gave the team the biggest eye opener last year was Josh Allen. That was a game in which the coaching staff felt they matched up well outside of QB and they just got eviscerated. After hearing Shanahan’s press conference from that game, I had a strong feeling that the team was going to try to get someone with real physical upside at the position, and I had never felt before that they had any interest in such players.

THIS! If anyone heard the way Shanny talked about Allen after that game, it was like he had PTSD from watching him just do whatever he wanted against us. And having to watch just how helpless and hapless our defense looked trying to stop him. I think that's when the seed was planted in his head about needing to get a more dynamic athlete at the position.

I still think Watson was the play until his legal issues derailed that whole train of thought. But it was always going to be a QB who could do damage outside of the structure of the play design. That's why the Mac Jones narrative NEVER made sense from Day 1.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He shouldn't be getting that many carries as he clearly can't handle it. Give him 15 carries, Wilson can get 10-12 carries and Lance can have 5-7 carries as well as Hasty. Oh yeah, you have Deebo who can get a few himself. You can get close to 40 carries without giving Mitchell 20+ carries. 

Barrows thinks he'll be the #2 to Wilson anyway