BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

This might be an unpopular opinion but it’s rather interesting the ACC isn’t one of the power 2 conferences and Big10 is. 2 championships in the last 5 years against 1 championship appearance and 0 rings since the first CFB playoff.

Just now, MD4L said:

2 championships in the last 5 years against 1 championship appearance and 0 rings since the first CFB playoff.

Yea but they're carried by Clemson, who is probably going to leave. I think the Big19 is stronger overall.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Yea but they're carried by Clemson, who is probably going to leave. I think the Big19 is stronger overall.

I never thought I’d want FSU in the SEC but here we are. Whenever Saban says goodbye things will drastically change across the scope of CFB.

• Like 1

College football is going to implode within the next 10 years. Big 10 and SEC will cannibalize the other conferences, run their own championship brackets, then crown their own champs as the national champs and refuse to play each other. Absolute ****-show with a bunch of juniors sitting out whole seasons to prep for the NFL.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

College football is going to implode within the next 10 years. Big 10 and SEC will cannibalize the other conferences, run their own championship brackets, then crown their own champs as the national champs and refuse to play each other. Absolute ****-show with a bunch of juniors sitting out whole seasons to prep for the NFL.

I think NIL expansion will balance things more than we think.

• Like 1

It's been a wild month+ for your boy here so figured I'd update the gang. I mentioned before I decided to sell my house. Met with a realtor, he gave us some things to improve and a price point he'd sell for. We saw houses he sold in our neighborhood so despite looking like a skinny russian version of Johnny Bravo we went with him. Hired a painter he recommended to paint the entire interior of our house.

In short, disaster. 50+ year old woman who worked by herself yet said she could go floor to ceiling in 5 days on the whole house. I rented a "Pack Rat" storage unit and a Bagster for trash. Spent a full week packing the unit and clearing out whatever we didn't need to empty the house so she could paint. Not only did she not meet the 5 day timeline, she went to nearly 2 weeks, charged us more in the end to bring her daughter in to help her paint, and "lost" an insane amount of random things we left in the house like ALL of our curtains and our storage bins we didn't use. Meanwhile in the two weeks she shows up at 10 am each day,  works until 3 or 4 and undoubtedly smokes weed and cigarettes in my house thinking the paint covers the smell. Each day I come home from 10-11 hour days and work on something around the house while she's still there. Tried to have her focus on the first floor initially because carpet was going in later, but she couldn't do it. Floundered, had to "touch up" after carpet went it and got paint on the new carpet.

House goes onto market, 3 open houses in the first 4 days. Very little traffic, but our realtor is positive. 5 days after listing, we get an offer 16K above asking. But....the person offering is a realtor themselves. I'm immediately hesitant, because if anyone knows how to manipulate this market...it's someone who sees it each day.  Despite that, our realtor implores us to take it, so we do. House comes off the market. "3 day attorney review" goes unmet by the buyers, despite how quickly their offer came in. In fact, their attorney never responds a single time to our  attorney throughout the whole process, via call or email. 8 days goes by (holiday weekend included) and we give them a hard deadline for their attorney to take his hand off his own joystick and work with us by 5pm Thursday or we re-list the house. They miss the deadline, house re-listed. At 10:30 PM their attorney sends all his stuff in, but while doing it they ask to knock the price down almost 15k on the house because if the time lapsed between offer and attorney review, interest rates have gone up 1/4 of a percent. 

We point out, that as the buyer is their own realtor, they stand to receive a check of almost 10k commission for buying our house, they can simply wave that commission and put that into the closing cost. So we afford them no concessions after they dragged their feet for 10 days. They declined, essentially wasting two huge weeks of showings to other buyers. 

On this same day, my ex sends me an email that she plans to move to Switzerland for a job promotion for the next 3 years and she plans to take my two kids. So now I've got a pretty sweet legal battle on my hands.

I will say, for as much work as we put in for this league, for me in particular it's a pretty incredible stress reliever and way to take up extra space in my brain. Thanks dudes.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Jlash said:

It's been a wild month+ for your boy here so figured I'd update the gang. I mentioned before I decided to sell my house. Met with a realtor, he gave us some things to improve and a price point he'd sell for. We saw houses he sold in our neighborhood so despite looking like a skinny russian version of Johnny Bravo we went with him. Hired a painter he recommended to paint the entire interior of our house.

In short, disaster. 50+ year old woman who worked by herself yet said she could go floor to ceiling in 5 days on the whole house. I rented a "Pack Rat" storage unit and a Bagster for trash. Spent a full week packing the unit and clearing out whatever we didn't need to empty the house so she could paint. Not only did she not meet the 5 day timeline, she went to nearly 2 weeks, charged us more in the end to bring her daughter in to help her paint, and "lost" an insane amount of random things we left in the house like ALL of our curtains and our storage bins we didn't use. Meanwhile in the two weeks she shows up at 10 am each day,  works until 3 or 4 and undoubtedly smokes weed and cigarettes in my house thinking the paint covers the smell. Each day I come home from 10-11 hour days and work on something around the house while she's still there. Tried to have her focus on the first floor initially because carpet was going in later, but she couldn't do it. Floundered, had to "touch up" after carpet went it and got paint on the new carpet.

House goes onto market, 3 open houses in the first 4 days. Very little traffic, but our realtor is positive. 5 days after listing, we get an offer 16K above asking. But....the person offering is a realtor themselves. I'm immediately hesitant, because if anyone knows how to manipulate this market...it's someone who sees it each day.  Despite that, our realtor implores us to take it, so we do. House comes off the market. "3 day attorney review" goes unmet by the buyers, despite how quickly their offer came in. In fact, their attorney never responds a single time to our  attorney throughout the whole process, via call or email. 8 days goes by (holiday weekend included) and we give them a hard deadline for their attorney to take his hand off his own joystick and work with us by 5pm Thursday or we re-list the house. They miss the deadline, house re-listed. At 10:30 PM their attorney sends all his stuff in, but while doing it they ask to knock the price down almost 15k on the house because if the time lapsed between offer and attorney review, interest rates have gone up 1/4 of a percent. 

We point out, that as the buyer is their own realtor, they stand to receive a check of almost 10k commission for buying our house, they can simply wave that commission and put that into the closing cost. So we afford them no concessions after they dragged their feet for 10 days. They declined, essentially wasting two huge weeks of showings to other buyers. 

On this same day, my ex sends me an email that she plans to move to Switzerland for a job promotion for the next 3 years and she plans to take my two kids. So now I've got a pretty sweet legal battle on my hands.

I will say, for as much work as we put in for this league, for me in particular it's a pretty incredible stress reliever and way to take up extra space in my brain. Thanks dudes.

If I knew all this I would have let you win Eno Benjamin. But seriously that’s some rough stuff you should join the discord channel where we have been comparing house prices where we live haha 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jlash said:

Your month sounds a whole lot like my month right now. 

stay strong my friend

• Like 1