BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Remember when you had to choose between Matt Ryan and Justin Fields in your matchup against us and the right answer turned out to be that you may as well have stayed home

Yes, I remember your co-owner doing the heavy lifting. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Wes' 2022 Preseason Power Rankings

1. Ivory Coast
2. Anchorage
3. Camden
4. Rome
5. Cuba
6.  Cancun
7. Death Valley
8. Flint
9. Hungary
10. Raleigh
11. Gotham
12. Seoul
13. Singapore
14. Lancaster
15. Greenland
16. Berlin

First to worst

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Nice to see Aidan’s versatility working James Daniels on the inside. Have a feeling that’s how he is going to win a lot in this league and we will have special packages for this utilizing more speed on the outside with the Lion and friends. 

And drawing a holding call on the outside 

1. Berlin- CJ Stroud QB OSU

Berlin might have something in Malik but can’t bank on that. Take imo the top QB in the draft. 

2. Greenland- Anthony Richardson QB UF

If they pick this high it’s probably because Tua didn’t work out. This would make Orca really happy. 

3. Anchorage (from Lancaster)- Will Anderson Jr Edge Bama

I take the best defensive player in the draft here.

4. Anchorage (from Singapore)- Jalen Carter INT UGA

Back to the Georgia well. Carter gives me some versatility inside. Big contracts coming up for Vita and Oliver. Gives me some flexibility on what I do there as well. 

5. Seoul- Bryce Young QB Bama

I know RG would trade down here. He values premium positions only with premium picks. Young gives him a player to develop behind Russ while his contract runs out.

6. Gotham- Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR OSU

Gotham traded Jeudy and here they add JSN with Higgins, Hill and Pierce to further strengthen their passing  attack.

7. Raleigh- Kayshon Boutte WR LSU

Adams needs a better running mate.

8. Hungary- Parris Johnson Jr OT OSU

Hungary can use OT help and Johnson is the top talent at the position. He will be a riser.

9. Flint- Myles Murphy Edge Clemson

Big edge player great compliment to Bosa added to a line with Jeffery Simmons makes for an even more dominant front.

10. Gotham- Elias Ricks CB Bama

It is probably going to be a battle of Ricks and Ringo for CB1. Ricks has some character stuff but is more technical why Ringo is a size/speed freak. Gotham doesn’t need to go corner but I know how much Whicker likes a very strong corner group and so they add the more pro ready player here.

11. Cancun- Kelee Ringo CB UGA 

Ringo is a size/speed specimen and would add a very formidable cover man oozing with ability to the Cancun defense.

12. Cuba- Noah Sewell LB Oregon

Frogs and I talked openly about this prospect in the thread. He gives an Alpha defender at the second level that can do it all and really gives Cuba an exciting chess piece to their defense.

13. Rome- Jordan Addison WR USC

Addison’s game reminds me a lot of DeVonta Smith however not quite as dominant. He would however make a really good addition to the receiving corps of Cooper, Waddle and Renfrow.

14. Ivory Coast (from Camden)- Bryan Breese INT Clemson

A big potential player on the interior. They went Wyatt and have Barmore but adding Breese gives them a very good rotation and the ability to mix up their front even more. 

15. Anchorage- Bijan Robinson RB Texas

This gives me the option of an out if I don’t want to pay Jonathan Taylor big time money and if Dobbins can’t stay healthy. It’s a crapshoot if any of the three rookies I acquired this offseason amount to anything as well. So adding a cost controlled talented bell cow is worth the shot here.

16. Berlin (from IC)- Brandon Joseph S ND

The Northwestern transfer gives Berlin a playmaking FS replacement for FA Thornhill to pair with Winfield and make a great young talented duo in the backend of their defense.

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

BDL Power Rankings

13. Ivory Coast Black Rhinos -- This is actually a well built team but it lacks the dominant ability at several positions, especially QB. I feel strongly that the needle is pointing North for them, theyrr just not quite to the corner yet.

confused-mark-wahlberg-mark-wahlberg.gif

• Like 1