BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

This draft class isn’t great at a lot of positions imo. For anyone who disagrees with me I have 2 firsts and 3 seconds available for 2024 picks in January. 

You need to write a book on getting draft picks. High picks actually.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:
9 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

The one thing we know though is that people avoid voting on Cancun and DV games because they don't want to hear it. And when people do vote they usually don't say why. Last week.... 10 votes vs like 16 in others.

I don't think that's the case at all. MWil can vote in other matchups but not ours; that's one reason for the point difference. There are a couple owners who have voted only in their own matchups several times.

Yeah I usually only vote in a select few games a week because I can't/don't take the time to read through everything. I think this year is about the first time I've voted outside of 1-2 random weeks last year.

The frustrating part...and I guess the fun part, is that everyone's criteria is different. 

Some weigh that week's IRL production (me to an extent) wheras other people don't. So, I would have thought 4 Mahomes TD and a dominant Aaron Jones performance would have done well in a week where Derrick Henry ran for 59 yards against a worse defensive front in my opinion, but the voters seemed to indicate that our DL isn't good enough and also think that our quality depth doesn't matter as we are missing Werner.

That's absolutely warranted and fair to a degree, as is holding our WR situation against us...and yet, looking at Death Valley's WR situation...quite frankly that's comical, especially in combination with Lamar Jackson's struggles the past 5+ weeks, namely throwing the football.

Some people enjoy that. 

I think I'm ready to be in the "I wish this was a simulation" camp. I know that I'm mostly alone there.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

You need to write a book on getting draft picks. High picks actually.

He trades guys like Denzel Ward who aren't playing for him and that he has no intention of resigning to people who are either not going to make the playoffs or get bounced early.

Just now, Blue said:

He trades guys like Denzel Ward who aren't playing for him and that he has no intention of resigning to people who are either not going to make the playoffs or get bounced early.

You do realize we didn’t trade Ward for a draft pick? 

• Like 1

There was high class ignorance on that post. CBs like Ward never reach the market lol.

Shaq Griffin is the best CB to hit the open market in the last 3 seasons unless you go the route of CBs over 30 which is mixed bag.

Edited by MD4L

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

There was high class ignorance on that post. CBs like Ward never reach the market lol.

Shaq Griffin is the best CB to hit the open market in the last 3 seasons unless you go the route of CBs over 30 which is mixed bag.

Charvarius Ward, Adoree Jackson, Ronald Darby, Jonathon Jones....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Only 4 are locked, but it's essentially 6. And lol but Lancaster is ahead of Greenland. I don't think you realize how the standings work. Greenland is essentially out.

For Greenland to make it, it looks like he'd have to win out, Cuba and I lose this weekend and then we tie in the final game. I think if either Cuba or I win the final game in this scenario, we'd have the other tie breakers and get in over Greenland. From what I can see that is the only way for Greenland to make it to the playoffs at this point.

Just now, MD4L said:

I see a bunch of #2 CBs. Jackson is really good but none of these guys are at Denzel Ward’s level.

Agree to disagree.  I'd take Jackson and Jones over Denzel, the other Ward if you're playing a zone based defense

Edited by bcb1213

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

For Greenland to make it, it looks like he'd have to win out, Cuba and I lose this weekend and then we tie in the final game. I think if either Cuba or I win the final game in this scenario, we'd have the other tie breakers and get in over Greenland. From what I can see that is the only way for Greenland to make it to the playoffs at this point.

Yup, that's what I said earlier. I don't think there is another way with H2H.

7 minutes ago, MD4L said:

"guys like"

shut the **** up. He was never resigning Ward with guys like Pat Surtain, Jaylon Johnson, Kristian Fulton, and Derek Stingley.

You asked how, I gave you the answer. He's not some sort of genius, people just keep giving him high picks for players who are going to hit free agency anyways so you don't have to compete with the market for them. Which is, y'know, fine, I don't blame you for that, but it's so obvious you literally stated it yourself.

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Singapore has a clear path to the playoffs if they can win out 

• Like 1