BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

25 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

So just personal preference.  I did see a number of owners in favor of it, but I get where you're coming from replacing the writeups with a sim would be a major change to what bdl is.

It only takes one vote.  I think it would be harder to monitor than what you're suggesting.  

Yeah, and I enjoy the narrative/people aspect of write ups.

I guess, but my focus is fixing the issue at hand, not fixing one that we aren't sure would exist.

13 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Yeah, and I enjoy the narrative/people aspect of write ups.

I can respect that.  I personally, get burnt out with the writeups and voting.  Just gets to the point of they all start to read the same after a bit.  I enjoy writing but again after I've wrote a couple of them, I'm done, I hate to say it, but I just don't want to work that hard when the end result comes down to someone voting for or against me.  Why I enjoy being a co owner rather than an owner.  BDL is a huge commitment of labor and love.

I'd rather have someone voting on if they thought the sim got it right or wrong or just accepting the result of the simulation result.  I believe that this would resolve the issues of inhouse fighting with each other at least.   Not that I don't enjoy writing or reading, wouldn't be here if that was the case, but that it just becomes monotonous.  Obviously, I'm in the minority with this otherwise bdl wouldn't be here...haha.  However, I do think you guys would get a bigger crowd as well as a higher retention rate if the workload was decreased.  Just my 2 cents.

13 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I guess, but my focus is fixing the issue at hand, not fixing one that we aren't sure would exist.

To me, this sounds like a patch.  I think to truly fix the issue you're seeing, you've got to work out the issue from start to finish.  Not saying the blind bid itself is a patch but I think it would be smart to look past to see if any issues it would create and if so, how to fix them so we aren't chasing loopholes.  Just a suggestion.   

I'll say that I'm looking forward to the offseason, to see how these debates on changes progress.

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Just an FYI, going full nuclear on this roster. Very few players, I’d be unwilling to trade.

Only ones I’d probably be against trading are Mailata, Dickerson, Jermaine Johnson mostly because of age/upside. Other than that, let’s go. 

Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

• Like 1