BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

You can’t decide what people value when they vote, so why try? Just accept the inherit differences of views. 

I think for the most part, that's why I actually enjoyed the feedback. Years ago I learned I could tailor my team to what people voted for me. I relied less on stud OL, after I went 3 whole weeks starting a guy who was inactive and no one noticed. 

I started focusing more on things our voters tended to see and get boners for. QB's WR's, edge rushers. I got that from feedback, not just vote tallies. 

If we go straight sim, it's a standard dynasty fantasy football league. A much more labor intensive one, but basically the same thing. 

I pride myself on being able to find weaknesses on other teams and hopefully point those out to other voters.

Point is, I value the explanations, even when I lose. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Not at all. I haven’t seen you complain about voting but plenty of people do.

Like what is the point, it’s like politics. You can’t decide what people value when they vote, so why try? Just accept the inherit differences of views. 

Gotcha...the voting doesn't really bother me.  To be honest, typically when I do vote is more based on rosters than anything else.  So I tend not to vote much anyway on games.  Everyone has their own concept of how they vote so unless there is some form of assigned structure to how we should be voting, it is what it is.  

The only thing I'm advocating for would be to reduce the amount of labor involved.  A sim would resolve that, but it would change the foundation of bdl.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I think for the most part, that's why I actually enjoyed the feedback. Years ago I learned I could tailor my team to what people voted for me. I relied less on stud OL, after I went 3 whole weeks starting a guy who was inactive and no one noticed. 

I started focusing more on things our voters tended to see and get boners for. QB's WR's, edge rushers. I got that from feedback, not just vote tallies.

This is what I hate about this league.

Nothing against you, it's smart.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I usually space it out.  Do some write up during Thursday night and the rest Sunday morning once actives-inactives come out.  Then I will read them over the next couple days.  Some...and I lost my train of thought.

Because, I changed my daughter's diaper, didnt put anything else on her, and put her in her 6x9 playpen to play for a bit before bath and bed.  I look over and she has, for the first time, taken off her diaper, is squatting like a chimpanzee, and is smearing her **** all over her playpen.  She has also smeared **** all over her chin, hands, and feet.  So emergency clean up became necessary.

8 hours ago, Jlash said:

Yo. The first time I took off a monster dumped out diaper and left it within reach of my daughters gavel-like hand.......

Never again.

Father of 3 checking in. Some lessons in life we only need to learn once.

• Like 2

For the record, I’m down for whatever. Maybe concrete beefing rules about voting and not cluttering up GDT (Not that I ever do that or anything).

Maybe we can all, without judgment, make a list of things we love and a list of frustrations and then see how we can ease those feelings of frustration and solve them.

• Like 2