BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

33 minutes ago, Blue said:

I do find it impressive that Cousins, despite having indisputably his worst season since coming to Minnesota, made the Pro Bowl this year.

Arguably better than his 1st 2 years stats-wise. Season not done yet and better record.

Edited by LAOJoe

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Even being eliminated having to pick against one team and possibly decide games kind of sucks bc you’re voting to end someone’s season.

It seems a strong likelihood I will lose my playoff game due to homefield advantage, which I personally find quite entertaining. Bring it back for the regular season, I say!

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Not in win-loss record when its a one score game.  That'll be a fun regression to the mean next year for them.

Ahhh, fair enough. I'm just looking at his personal passing stats.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Not arguable at all, he's worse (and significantly worse for the most part) in every category.

Maybe not the 2nd year with the more advanced stuff, but he can definitely still outdo his first year overall, statswise, not counting stuff off the stat sheet.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

It seems a strong likelihood I will lose my playoff game due to homefield advantage, which I personally find quite entertaining. Bring it back for the regular season, I say!

You can’t talk like you did in gameplans and keep bringing this up. Although you’re tied now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Maybe not the 2nd year with the more advanced stuff, but he can definitely still outdo his first year overall, statswise, not counting stuff off the stat sheet.

It's almost a guarantee he throws more touchdowns than that first season thanks to the extra game, and he might surpass the raw numbers overall. But he's completing a lower percentage of passes for a lower percentage of touchdowns with a worse YPA. His interception percentage isn't bad but that extra game gives him a shot at a career-high number of picks too.

Edited by Blue

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

You can’t talk like you did in gameplans and keep bringing this up. Although you’re tied now.

We both know it would be funny if I lost in the playoffs on a homefield tiebreaker after I complained about having ties in the regular season. Just having a sense of humor about it, whichever way it goes.

Just now, Blue said:

It's almost a guarantee he throws more touchdowns than that first season thanks to the extra game, and he might surpass the raw numbers. But he's completing a lower percentage of passes for a lower percentage of touchdowns with a worse YPA. His interception percentage isn't bad but that extra game gives him a shot at a career-high number of picks too.

I said there is a chance. We'll just take 16/17ths of it if we want. He needs to do well though of course.

• Like 1