BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Overtime in BDL playoffs in Sudden Death. Next vote wins.

Do not believe the 1 AM rule applies here.

"Ties

-In the regular season, if there is a tie in a game an additional hour of voting to break a tie is added and then if still tied, recording as such. "

Does it? It seems to imply there is no OT in the playoffs. Isn't it over and Rome on higher seed?

1 minute ago, LAOJoe said:

"Ties

-In the regular season, if there is a tie in a game an additional hour of voting to break a tie is added and then if still tied, recording as such. "

Does it? It seems to imply there is no OT in the playoffs. Isn't it over and Rome on higher seed?

Next vote wins. 

We won our first BDL title on an OT vote. It definitely applies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

"Ties

It doesn't matter if the next vote doesn't come for 2 days.  Sudden death.  Next vote goes through.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

"Ties

I'm OK with this interpretation as well lol 

• Like 1

Just now, LAOJoe said:

I just asked someone if there was precedent. Seems so. So does it go until a vote or one hour?

If nobody votes until noon tomorrow, we wait till then. I’d recommend @ some people (preferably the BDL owners who haven’t voted) and one will break the tie.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

The word doc says home field advantage. Now that means nothing to most voters so it has to apply to something here is what it means

I believe that is intended to be a reminder to voters to consider that in their voting rather than tiebreaking procedure, but the lack of clarity is an issue, yes.

• Like 2