BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

7 minutes ago, Whicker said:

So you care to come into discord chastising me for posting in a tied playoff game thread and you knew it was tied? What is with you people ******* hell 

Did I take a jab at you? Yeah why not.

If you’re offended by that well that’s just tough.

1.1 Berlin- Bryce Young QB Bama

Maybe Malik shows enough the rest of the season to have Berlin go elsewhere but I doubt it. Young is slight of frame but he has everything else you could want.

1.2 Seoul- Jalen Carter INT UGA

This will be assumed to be a QB probably. However even when Seoul moves on from Russ I believe they will search other ways to address the QB position and take a dominant interior defender here.

1.3 Gotham- Will Anderson Jr Edge Bama

Gotham got a stud defensive rookie last draft in Sauce. So they keep the trend going here adding Anderson to their pass rush.

1.4 Raleigh- CJ Stroud QB OSU

I believe this pick likely ends up in Lancaster when Raleigh bids on Jalen Hurts. But I will stop predicting that in mocks so Raleigh let’s Kyler walk and grabs the rookie Stroud here.

1.5 Anchorage- Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon

I believe there is a clear top 4 in this class then there is the next tier as of right now. So this pick is a tough spot to be in. With that being said I have Fulton and Jaylon on the last years of their deals and so I grab Gonzalez here to keep the corner group young and strong.

1.6 Hungary- Kelee Ringo CB UGA

A physical specimen who is still 20 and has all the makings of a shut down corner, Hungary grabs a need here with BPA.

1.7 Greenland- Tuli Tuipulotu DL 

Greenland grabs a versatile pass rusher who can play base end or inside at 3T. His versatility is a really nice fit for a team that took Travon Walker in the first last year. Greenland continues to accumulate talent.

1.8 Raleigh- Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR OSU 

Raleigh uses the pick they gained in trading Adams to address receiver. They pair up college teammates here and despite JSN’s injuries he is a top prospect that can be versatile for the Raleigh passing game.

1.9 Cuba- Quentin Johnston WR TCU

Cuba could go Hyatt here or Addison as well. I see them adding the size of Johnston to their receiving group here however. Johnston and Woods give them some nice red zone size and Johnston has the quickness out of breaks to be more than a big bodied possession type and can be a deep threat as he has shown at TCU.

1.10 Flint- Jordan Addison WR USC

Flint has some good receiving weapons but they add another player here to the mix who is a grey route runner. Deebo and DJ have suffered from QB play and so adding more shots to have receiving success is a smart move by Flint here.

1.11 Gotham- Joey Porter Jr CB PSU

Gotham grabs a corner with NFL pedigree here. The jury is still out on Booth and Howard may be in decline so pairing Porter with Sauce and Tyson Campbell keeps the group very strong.

1.12 IC- Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee 

Ivory Coast has struggled with consistency in their third receiver spot. They grab the speedy Hyatt to group with McLaurin and Amon Ra to give them quite a dangerous trio.

1.13 Berlin- Myles Murphy Edge Clemson 

Probably a little lower than he will go. An athletic and powerful base end he will give Berlin a nice piece to a Dline that has a very strong interior and could use another 3 down edge player to add to the fold.

1.14 Cancun- Michael Mayer TE ND

Cancun gives Mahomes a potential BDL version of Kelce. Mayer has an all around game and would be a great addition to the Cancun offense.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

gg @Blue and @MWil23   helluva battle.  

@Scoundrel do you want to do the Monday thing.  If not that's fine too.  I just don't want people to have to do things on Christmas if they don't have to.  I'm fine either way

I'd argue its more fair this way. If you do it Sunday then one team might have a disproportional amount of prior knowledge. This way only the Monday-nighter isn't played yet instead of 4 games.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Like Monday 1pm est? Yeah that’s fine with me if it’s okay for @RedGold assuming he is posting the plan. 

I’d be a fan of this.  Going to the Chiefs game Saturday, and with the degree’s in temp it’s gonna take a ton of alcohol consumption.   I’ll post it whenever regardless though.