BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

15 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I mean someone with any morals should hire him, but I'd imagine he's gonna be blacklisted (no pun) on quite a few radars now. 

The Dolphins trying to incentivize him to lose is a horrible look.

If he wants a job at a prestigious college, they would also strongly consider him.

The New Orleans Jazz congratulate former quarterback Tom Brady on his successful BDL career. We want to thank him for his service to the team and in particular helping turn the franchise into a BDL powerhouse. We wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

• Like 3

BURN IT DOWN BRIAN!!!!

#TeamFlores

So many thoughts here.

Aside from the obvious discrimination aspect and Rooney Rule violation, BB "accidentally" sabotaging the NY Giants to avenge 2 Super Bowl losses is high class comedy.

Me being justified on my loathing of John Elway is completely justified.

Stephen Ross paying $100K per loss ("allegedly") while purchasing a $17.5 million stake in a GAMBLING COMPANY is cause for forced sale.

LOL

• Like 3

The Rooney Rule is one of those things that in theory is a lot better than it is in practice. It sucks for Flores to go to that interview with the Broncos, but if the Broncos are set on Fangio, then it's just the way things are. People turn up to job interviews where another candidate is a shoo-in for the job and it's a waste of their time and I don't think this is particularly different. I mean what's the alternative? Force teams to hire black coaches against their will? I really don't see what's wrong with a gentleman's agreement either - if you have a specific direction you want to go in and a coach you're all in on them, why does there need to be further interviews? 

Heck, the Broncos literally hired Vance Joseph prior to Vic Fangio who is a black coach. That part of the lawsuit is garbage and race baiting, I'm sorry. Again sucks for Flores and it makes a mockery of the Rooney Rule, but there's no racism there at all. 

The Ross stuff is remarkable if true though. Definitely cause to lose the team. 

Edited by WFLukic
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

The Rooney Rule is one of those things that in theory is a lot better than it is in practice. It sucks for Flores to go to that interview with the Broncos, but if the Broncos are set on Fangio, then it's just the way things are. People turn up to job interviews where another candidate is a shoo-in for the job and it's a waste of their time and I don't think this is particularly different. I mean what's the alternative? Force teams to hire black coaches against their will? I really don't see what's wrong with a gentleman's agreement either - if you have a specific direction you want to go in and a coach you're all in on them, why does there need to be further interviews? 

I don't inherently disagree with this to a point. That said, Elway showing up late and hungover is beyond unprofessional and he needs to be held accountable for that.

Heck, the Broncos literally hired Vance Joseph prior to Vic Fangio who is a black coach. That part of the lawsuit is garbage and race baiting, I'm sorry. Again sucks for Flores and it makes a mockery of the Rooney Rule, but there's no racism there at all. 

I view it more as unprofessional than overtly racist...and it's absolutely ignorant.

This is the same issue I had with the Browns being accused of not following the Rooney Rule when they hired Stefanski. We are talking about an organization who had just hired Hue Jackson, who hired Romeo Crennel a while back, who at the time had just had Ray Farmer and Sashi Brown as their GMs, and now has Andrew Berry and just lost a great FO guy to the Vikings in Adofo Mensah.

However, I'm going to dunk on John Elway any chance that I get. If that's true, he needs to be held accountable for sheer professionalism.

The Ross stuff is remarkable if true though. Definitely cause to lose the team. 

The Ross stuff coupled with the NY Giants handling of the situation is absolutely cause for significant lawsuit issues.

I think, and @Ragnarok can correct me here on this if I'm wrong, for Flores it's all about the "DISCOVERY" portion of this. This is going to largely be tried in the court of public opinion and is all about the information coming out, while hopefully paving the way for future amendments/fixes to various policies that are in place. It's not going to be about the settlement or "winning", because he's already won the court of public opinion and the NFL is going to have to release a TON of stuff about this, and I'm here for it.