BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Just now, Scoundrel said:

You think Pickett will be that? Okay so overrating Pickett is the narrative here. 

Fair enough. Let’s be clear, Burrow has elevated him self to a significantly higher standard this season. Last year left us with some questions on how good he’ll be and in the last 7-8 weeks, it’s all come together. He ended year one with a torn ACL too, so there was a respectable amount of concern as to what he could do this year.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Fair enough. Let’s be clear, Burrow has elevated him self to a significantly higher standard this season. Last year left us with some questions on how good he’ll be and in the last 7-8 weeks, it’s all come together. He ended year one with a torn ACL too, so there was a respectable amount of concern as to what he could do this year.

Oh most definitely. The Chase connection has certainly helped as well.

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Oh most definitely. The Chase connection has certainly helped as well.

Yeah so Pickett doesn’t have to set the world on fire year one to be Burrow lite, but I can see him being the facilitator to a team capable of winning playoff games in the right environment within his rookie deal. Thus the Burrow comparisons aren’t completely asinine.

Just now, MD4L said:

Yeah so Pickett doesn’t have to set the world on fire year one to be Burrow lite, but I can see him being the facilitator to a team capable of winning playoff games in the right environment within his rookie deal. Thus the Burrow comparisons aren’t completely asinine.

This is my issue though. Burrow is an elevator of talent around him as well. It’s in his being. So that is where if you believe he is other than that you would be underrating him. 

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

This is my issue though. Burrow is an elevator of talent around him as well. It’s in his being. So that is where if you believe he is other than that you would be underrating him. 

Double edge sword here because I definitely see your point am more inclined to agree then disagree with you.

But if Pickett for example ended up in Minnesota

QB: Pickett
RB: Cook/Mattison
WR: Jefferson/Thielen
TE: Irv Smith
OL: Darrisaw/Bradbury/Cleveland

With the Vikings defense and former Rams OC Kevin O’Connell could definitely make some significant splashes in the next 4 years.

I also said Burrow was top 5 so it’s not like there are only 4 QBs who elevate talent around them. He’s got a swagger and moxy to him, and his running/escapability has become a staple of his total package that again has come into the forefront admist this Bengals run in the 2nd half of the season.

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You do a mock for me then leave out my 3rd round pick (Raleigh)? Cold blooded.

Didn't realize I'd missed that trade when updating the picks. I'll get it next time. Also realized I forgot to change New Orleans to Flint, my bad on that as well.

• Like 2

Good mock @rackcs would be thrilled if I could get an edge at 2 and still get Hamilton at 7 but don’t see that happening. It’s a deep edge class and as much as I love Hutch Going Hamilton at 2, Sauce at 7, Karlaftis at 9 would really excite me. Don’t see Dean getting close to 31 but I’d be happy to snag Jahan Dotson or David Bell there to group with Chase, Smith, and DPJ at receiver.