BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Called the state rep who said they could help with unemployment not getting me any of the money I've been owed.

"Yea, you'll just have to be patient"

"It's been 13 weeks....that's pretty patient"

"Yea......that's tough"

EsteemedTinyFrogmouth-max-1mb.gif

My little brother had that happen.  Took like 16 weeks then he got everything at once.

• Like 1

Just now, Ragnarok said:

My little brother had that happen.  Took like 16 weeks then he got everything at once.

Gonna be sweet when it happens, but the money I saved up just in case it was slow coming in.....wasn't 4 months worth, I'll tell you that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Called the state rep who said they could help with unemployment not getting me any of the money I've been owed.

"Yea......that's tough"

Living with a state rep for 3 years .   They take like 15 calls like this a day, at least.  Probably more depending on your per capita.    That sucks,  I hope they get it solved quickly. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jlash said:

"Yea......that's tough"

ronswanson-government.gif

ronswanson-government.gif\

ronswanson-parksandrec.gif

• Like 3

Just now, RedGold said:

Living with a state rep for 3 years .   They take like 15 calls like this a day, at least.  Probably more depending on your per capita.    That sucks,  I hope they get it solved quickly. 

I'm sure they do, I'm not even mad at her. I'm just annoyed at how awful this process is. The fact that after 8 weeks they told me I was denied, then two weeks later they said they made an error and I'd have my money in 48 hours....and now 3 weeks later all I get is "be patient". 

Luckily I anticipated a slow process and saved some money beforehand, but I'm out. And what about people who are literally check to check? They'd be on the street.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

I'm sure they do, I'm not even mad at her. I'm just annoyed at how awful this process is. The fact that after 8 weeks they told me I was denied, then two weeks later they said they made an error and I'd have my money in 48 hours....and now 3 weeks later all I get is "be patient". 

c448691c0a2a055cc656f16ec24b77929ffca205

@rackcs is going to declare this a William Jennings Bryan Populist thread. I hereby declare this a Ron Swanson Libertarian thread.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Luckily I anticipated a slow process and saved some money beforehand, but I'm out. And what about people who are literally check to check? They'd be on the street.

Unless people take them in.   That’s what the state rep I lived with did…. And long story short this is why I’m now a home owner.  We’d have like 15 people living in the house. If you dealt with me last year I was probably an a$$

It does suck because a good percentage of those people had no control of what was happening. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Unless people take them in.   That’s what the state rep I lived with did…. And long story short this is why I’m now a home owner.  We’d have like 15 people living in the house. If you dealt with me last year I was probably an a$$

It does suck because a good percentage of those people had no control of what was happening. 

You're a saint. At this point I'm planning on not ever getting that money and how to navigate through without it. This is the only time in my life I've ever filed for unemployment, and years going forward I won't even be eligible because I'll officially be the owner, and I can't say I'll be upset about getting this over with.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Y'all got me thinking about who I would take as a WR1 in BDL. In a rough, by no means exact order:

1. Davante Adams
2. Ja'marr Chase
3. Justin Jefferson
4. Tyreek Hill
5. Stefon Diggs
6. Mike Evans
7. Terry McLaurin
8. DeAndre Hopkins (health permitting, little worried he's on the downswing)
9. AJ Brown
10. Cooper Kupp
11. Deebo Samuel

Several other players in the conversation: Courtland Sutton, Amari Cooper, Mike Williams, Chris Godwin, DK Metcalf, Tyler Lockett, Adam Thielen. A lot of those guys are struggling through QB or injury issues, some haven't been able to string together consecutive strong seasons or week-to-week consistency.

To think Adam Theilan was in consideration but not dj Moore or even Michael Thomas (at least this one I understand as gone a year) 

Not sure how Mike Williams is here but not Keenan Allen also 

If it's an age thing I imagine we should see Jaylen Waddle and ceedee lamb also 

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

To think Adam Theilan was in consideration but not dj Moore or even Michael Thomas (at least this one I understand as gone a year) 

Not sure how Mike Williams is here but not Keenan Allen also 

If it's an age thing I imagine we should see Jaylen Waddle and ceedee lamb also 

Moore's been hamstrung by bad QB play in Carolina but he has 14 touchdowns over 4 seasons and 63 games.

Michael Thomas hasn't caught a touchdown in two years.

I've just never been a Keenan Allen fan tbh. Thought about putting him up there, but he's really just never had that breakout season other guys on that list have had.

Waddle and Lamb just aren't there yet imo. Need to see more from them.