BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

My brother always picked Eastern Carolina because of Chris Johnson, but my team was always La Tech. They had a great passing game, a dual threat QB, and a tough enough SOS as to where I'd get Boise State (we had to play on Heisman mode) and Fresno State, so as long as I won those games and my user games, I'd end up with a great offer.

Year 2 I jumped ship with a Notre Dame offer and built a nice dynasty there.

La Tech has cool colors too. 

I always find myself drawn to Texas Tech or Hawaii because I like their colors. Once I got nuts and decided to play with a I-AA school and chose Florida A&M. Every lower level player in 12 has facemaskes like Dana Stubblefield back in the day so after going and changing all that, I played all 4 seasons of my contract. I joined the Sun Belt so I could boot a no name school out, UL Monroe. My SoS was so horrendous that despite losing 1 game in 3 years I didn't get invited to a legit bowl game until year 4. Played out my contract, went to USC and instantly regretted it. Wish I had just stayed. I had a good NJ pipeline working too.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I always find myself drawn to Texas Tech or Hawaii because I like their colors. Once I got nuts and decided to play with a I-AA school and chose Florida A&M. Every lower level player in 12 has facemaskes like Dana Stubblefield back in the day so after going and changing all that, I played all 4 seasons of my contract. I joined the Sun Belt so I could boot a no name school out, UL Monroe. My SoS was so horrendous that despite losing 1 game in 3 years I didn't get invited to a legit bowl game until year 4. Played out my contract, went to USC and instantly regretted it. Wish I had just stayed. I had a good NJ pipeline working too.

My buddy picked Hawaii and they were a ton of fun on offense and on defense they were a disaster. He'd win about every game 63-56 until he played a user, and then we'd generally go solely dime or quarters defense and then just pound the rock at his atrocious front 7. I think I won a game with 600 rushing yards on him and didn't attempt a single pass, but it was like a 56-42 game. LOL

7 minutes ago, Jlash said:

As Memphis I was invited to join the SEC and did so and booted out Vandy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

My buddy picked Hawaii and they were a ton of fun on offense and on defense they were a disaster. He'd win about every game 63-56 until he played a user, and then we'd generally go solely dime or quarters defense and then just pound the rock at his atrocious front 7. I think I won a game with 600 rushing yards on him and didn't attempt a single pass, but it was like a 56-42 game. LOL

Hahah. Yea the defense is awful. Hawaii has a couple sneaky RB's in '12 that are like 6'2 220 lbs and can move. 

Just now, Scoundrel said:

As Memphis I was invited to join the SEC and did so and booted out Vandy.

Could you choose what team you kicked out or did the conference that invited you do that? Vandy sucks anyway.

The year I left Florida A&M they joined the ACC.

6 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Hahah. Yea the defense is awful. Hawaii has a couple sneaky RB's in '12 that are like 6'2 220 lbs and can move. 

Could you choose what team you kicked out or did the conference that invited you do that? Vandy sucks anyway.

The year I left Florida A&M they joined the ACC.

I think it chooses. You can choose at the beginning of the dynasty to move schools and which to replace but if I remember correctly during the dynasty when I was offered to swap conferences I don’t think I could choose. But I would have chosen Vandy anyway so I’m not sure haha.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Oooooh we know the deal. Has to be good, young and on a low contract for a decent price.

Unicorn GIF by MOODMAN

I mean the contract cost I'd prefer to be reasonable. Not like 15k. But I'm also not expecting people to want to part with their 24 year old 3k CBs.

I have twice this offsesson traded a 2nd round pick. Traded Matt Stafford, Darius Slay, Alvin Kamara, Dion Dawkins, so I've made it pretty clear I'm willing to part with value. As much as I like some of these draft prospects, proven talent isn't a bad way to go either. 

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yeah, he's coming back.

I honestly believe the whole thing was to see how many people they could get streaming McAfee's podcast.

The answer was 160k which is absurd.

• Like 2