BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

21 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Okay, assuming that Calvin Ridleys suspension is not reduced, this is the answer to my question, according to a related article. 

"The final remaining season on his contract will toll, meaning he will not get paid or count against the Falcons’ salary cap in 2022".

There for, technically after the 2022 season i should still be able to pick up the 5th year option if he returns to football correct?

@bcb1213

Yea it's in that really gray area. I don't think you can use a fifth year if the team doesn't basically but that's a @SirA1ruling 

6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Yea it's in that really gray area. I don't think you can use a fifth year if the team doesn't basically but that's a @SirA1ruling 

The reason I pose the question is,  If his contract tolls,  It is the 5th year option that he would have been on this season that is tolling. They already picked up his 5th year option.

55 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I'd bet $1500 itll get reduced to 8 games.  With the gambling money at stake, the NFL is initially throwing the book at the first offender before backing off.

@MD4L?  You got your NFL job to inform us of this stuff.

All I can say is we were told from day one, gambling in any capacity is prohibited.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The reason I pose the question is,  If his contract tolls,  It is the 5th year option that he would have been on this season that is tolling. They already picked up his 5th year option.

I mean if u want to use it for this year you can I would assume but you'd have to make that decision before they cut him and it no longer exists.  You'd also be locked into him all year 

24 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I mean if u want to use it for this year you can I would assume but you'd have to make that decision before they cut him and it no longer exists.  You'd also be locked into him all year 

Right but, if it were to toll does his cap count against me this year or would I have that space available?

50 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

5th year this year and 5th year in 2023 then if it tolls. A contract is a contract in the BDL.

Probably let him go to FA and then waiver claim him week 1 or shark tank it to reduce the cap hit this year.