BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

7 hours ago, RedGold said:

Man I gotta convince people weekly Lucas Niang isn’t a future All Pro at LT.  Or Cornell Powell wasn’t inactive all year just because he didn’t know the playbook.

In general, it’s just best to avoid all fan bases for opinions on newly acquired guys. 

Why does a Camden player have to catch strays here??

12 hours ago, Blue said:

I don't know why. Robinson is gone after this year. He's not a reason to pass on left tackle unless you don't think there's one in this class worth taking No. 1.

Exactly. This feels like them just filling the hole so they don't need to go OT at one. I don't think it'll stop them if they think it's the best move though.

12 hours ago, WFLukic said:

God bless go Broncos

You guys are wild if Hutchinson doesn't go no.1 in this.

I could definitely see Thibodeaux. All prospect fatigue aside I think he's still clearly one of the top prospects in this class. 

12 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

Walker Little is a starting tackle. I’m of the belief that if you’re spending #1 overall on a tackle he’s going to start for you. So why pay an average backup or G $16 Million? 

Because you have a rookie QB who was supposed to be transcendent and didn't play that way in his first year, maybe and hopefully because of your disastrous HC hire. They need to do everything they can to support Lawrence and make sure he becomes the franchise QB they thought he'd be when they drafted him. Pederson was a good step but he needs more.

11 hours ago, MD4L said:

Trading out of 1.8 isn’t out the question either. Perhaps it’s more likely then you’d expect.

Hey, whoever MD4L has a deal lined up with for 1.8, you could potentially have 1.6 for the same price (depending on who is available).

11 hours ago, Jlash said:

When the latest Hellboy came out I thought I'd hate it, but it's just violent and a lot of fun.

I can't say that it was a good movie and it certainly didn't measure up to the Del Toro movies, but it was better than I expected and I think got overly hated.

11 hours ago, MD4L said:

I need to supplement the picks I lost from signing Myles Jack, and in season trades for Gronk and Lane Johnson.

Ufc 205 Thank You GIF by UFC

10 hours ago, RedGold said:

Man I gotta convince people weekly Lucas Niang isn’t a future All Pro at LT.  Or Cornell Powell wasn’t inactive all year just because he didn’t know the playbook.

In general, it’s just best to avoid all fan bases for opinions on newly acquired guys. 

How did Niang look last year. I really liked him coming out, thought he could be a steal at RT.

6 hours ago, RedGold said:

Kayvon still for me if they don’t trade.  Baalke has picked an edge every time he’s in the top 10 aside from Lawrence, and I think he’s taken a Pac12 player in the first 2 days in every draft but 2.

I am not ruling out the EDGEs but I just don't see how you can't go OT there for Lawrence. Besides the stuff I said above, Pederson knows the value of a stud OT duo from his time in Philly. He knows how important that can be. I guess maybe some of it will come down to who has more say, Pederson or Baalke.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blue said:
13 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

Walker Little is a starting tackle. 

Walker Little has started four games in the past three years.

A 2 hour lag time on Walker Little? You're getting rusty old man. I figured you'd parachute down and cut him off at the pass.

popovich-running.gif

There are a few instant triggers with Blue:

1. Walker Little

2. Kyler Murray

3. PFF

...and I'll stop there because now I think I'm going to push the other buttons at random to watch it unfold.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

A 2 hour lag time on Walker Little? You're getting rusty old man. I figured you'd parachute down and cut him off at the pass.

popovich-running.gif

1. Walker Little

2. Kyler Murray

3. PFF

...and I'll stop there because now I think I'm going to push the other buttons at random to watch it unfold.

4. Pushing for Travon Walker at 1?

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

Why does a Camden player have to catch strays here??

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

How did Niang look last year. I really liked him coming out, thought he could be a steal at RT.

Pretty good.    Struggling with speed a bit,   but for basically being a rookie have no complaints about his pass pro.    He's solid in the run game.    He's a starting tackle once he gets his hands on the defender,

Don't like he keeps getting injured.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MD4L said:

While I think Hutchinson is a safe pick, I believe drafting a defensive player (unless he’s annual all pro and Aaron Donald/Garrett/Watt level of performance) is not best for the team.

But an edge seems likely. Hutchinson looks like he’s got a great personality. Probably made teams very comfortable in interviews. Seems like the move Jacksonville will end up making.

Hutchinson was great when NFL Network brought him into the booth. Real natural.

33 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

popovich-running.gif

1. Walker Little

2. Kyler Murray

3. PFF

hamilton grammys 2016 GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

20 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Pretty good.    Struggling with speed a bit,   but for basically being a rookie have no complaints about his pass pro.    He's solid in the run game.    He's a starting tackle once he gets his hands on the defender,

Don't like he keeps getting injured.

Sounds about what I expected. Good at run blocking, work in progress pass blocking. Injury concerns.

22 minutes ago, Blue said:

Hutchinson was great when NFL Network brought him into the booth. Real natural.

Hopefully they gave him a headset, because I'm not sure his arms are long enough to hold a microphone to his face

• Like 5

Breaking News out of Africa:

Sources say that Ryan Tannehill may be on the move today. Local fans lament the news as another BDL team may be landing a quarterback who led his team to the playoffs last year. The phone lines must be busy at the Ivory Coast front office, so any team wishing to land this bonafide starter should contact them soon!

• Like 1