BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Go eat a pickle out of a goats mouth

Tongue Goat GIF

One of the players in my D&D group has a giant goat for a steed, and I think about that every time you post one of these goat gifs. This may be the strangest intersection between my social groups I can think of.

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

First you guys hate ketchup like me and now you hate pickles too. I've found my people. Nobody irl agrees with me on those. 

Ketchup is fine but pickles are great, what is wrong with you people

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Well I sent bcb an offer so I did my part

Me too and he turned it down, he's not getting a better offer at this point.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

One of the players in my D&D group has a giant goat for a steed, and I think about that every time you post one of these goat gifs. This may be the strangest intersection between my social groups I can think of.

Ketchup is fine but pickles are great, what is wrong with you people

Me too and he turned it down, he's not getting a better offer at this point.

I don't recall this 

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

@SirA1if I were to just not pick would my guy get slotted lower and everyone get moved up as it would no longer be the fifth pick 

I think for purposes of the pay, you'd pay the same as if you don't get skipped because you're still choosing them with 1.5, you'd just have missed your turn for a short period.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Y'all happy to trash me for joking about taking my time on the clock to work out a trade and Bcb is out here talking about intentionally missing his pick because he's too ******* cheap to pay an extra 1k/year

I do think Bcb has the allotted time for a reason and should pick if he pleases. Not picking for salary reasons is not worth the leniency however.

Edited by MD4L

48 minutes ago, Blue said:

Travon Walker is the only player we even discussed at #1 other than Thibodeaux and I shot it down pretty quick. Compared to taking Deandre Ayton at No. 1 when Luka Doncic is on the board.

How are you comparing a ball handler to a center with two edge defenders playing the same position?

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

I do think Bcb has the allotted time for a reason and should pick if he pleases. Not picking for salary reasons is worth the leniency however.

I don't think "leniency" is the word you meant there, or at least I hope it isn't

Just now, MD4L said:

How are you comparing a ball handler to a center with two edge defenders playing the same position?

Because Luka Doncic is an objectively better player than Deandre Ayton and no one who knows basketball is going to argue differently.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I’m pretty sure if you get skipped you still have the salary for whatever slot you were originally in.

Thats my thought.  He is still using 1.5 to select the player whether he actually picks 5th or later.

• Like 2