BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Lancaster Draft Class

1.8 - Evan Neal, OT, Alabama

2.13 - Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa

3.6 - Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan

5.4 - Greg Dulcich, TE, UCLA

Had to give up a few 6th and 7th rounders in the trades for Neal and Penning but ultimately I think they were worth it to get my OT1 and OT3 in the draft as solid long term bookends for Lawrence. Added a couple of skill position guys I'm high on and added a few PFA picks in the process. Not what I imagined getting coming into the draft but I'm ultimately happy with my haul, even if I did miss out on Cole Strange because I got stingy.

• Like 6

S Kyle Hamilton

Edge George Karlaftis

DL Logan Hall

OT Bernhard Raimann

C Cam Jurgens

OT Nicholas Petit-Frere

TE Cade Otton

CB Jalyn Armour Davis

also added Edge Matt Judon

got a lot of high character, do your job guys ,just how i like it

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

S Kyle Hamilton

Edge George Karlaftis

DL Logan Hall

OT Bernhard Raimann

C Cam Jurgens

OT Nicholas Petit-Frere

TE Cade Otton

CB Jalyn Armour Davis

also added Edge Matt Judon

got a lot of high character, do your job guys ,just how i like it

This is a pretty dynamic haul. Might be the best collection of talent thus far. Maybe abandoning the BB is a worthwhile strategy.

The hourly wait before picking is a different topic subject to different opinions.

22 minutes ago, MD4L said:

This is a pretty dynamic haul. Might be the best collection of talent thus far. Maybe abandoning the BB is a worthwhile strategy.

The hourly wait before picking is a different topic subject to different opinions.

it was definitely a differnt way to do it this year.  But i enjoyed it

• Like 1

Seoul Draft 

12 - CB Trent McDuffie:  3rd rated CB, believe he’s fully capable of playing inside and out.  Love his floor, as much as his upside

15-Saf Daxton Hill:  View him in a Minkah role,   Likely plays a ton of single high but has the capability to drop down in man on occasion. 

28- CB Kaiir Elam:  Love his upside, and how he produced a early.  Slide back a little last year, but think his issues are coachable

31-  Edge David Ojabo:  Going with the upside on this pick.  Don’t love a player this raw sitting with injury early, but the tools are there,

34 - WR George Pickens:  Actually think this is a little early for Pickens, but In a league that overvalues big WR’s, i think this is the right spot for him.

43 - CB Kyler Gordon: Late 1st grade on Gordon,  keeping the UW CB’s together.  Think both have a ton of versatility, and both aren’t afraid to mix it up in the run game.

46 - Edge Sam Williams:  High upside #2 at edge for Seoul,  Like the talent and ability to remain flexible on scheme.

47- Saf Bryan Cook: If it isn’t obvious by now I think this DB class is loaded.   Actually think Cook has a ton of flexibility in where he can line up,  plus he plays with an edge.

49 - TE Trey McBride:  2 TE lineups don’t get a ton of love in BDL, but I still like to run them.   McBride frees us to be more flexible with Kelce and Freiermuth.

60 - C Dylan Parham:  Right on value for me with Parham.  With Hudson and Myer, don’t really need to worry about him early.

62 - LB Damone Clark:  Likely high because of the injury, but was only counting on 1 LB in this class to produce early. LB #4 for me. 

64 - RB Kenneth Walker:  The first pick I didn’t really plan on making,  just straight value pick for me.  The cap between him and Hall isn’t as wide as the draft slots.

71 - Saf Nick Cross:  Again just a big board pick.   Allows me to let Cook roam more closer to the LOS.

81 - RB Dameon Pierce:  Unhealthy fascination with RB’s that guys just bounce off.

88 - Edge Joshua Paschal:  Yeah, none of my pure edge guys showed much last year.   Paschal gives me another guy with a little more inside/out flexibility. 

90 - Saf Kerby Joseph:  Poor mans Daxton to me.  High bust chance,  could allow me to be more flexible with how I use Hill.

101 - CB Joshua Williams:  idk why I like him, but I like him.  Poor man’s Sauce,  (no I’m not saying he’s sauce)

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Seoul Draft 

12 - CB Trent McDuffie:  3rd rated CB, believe he’s fully capable of playing inside and out.  Love his floor, as much as his upside

15-Saf Daxton Hill:  View him in a Minkah role,   Likely plays a ton of single high but has the capability to drop down in man on occasion. 

28- CB Kaiir Elam:  Love his upside, and how he produced a early.  Slide back a little last year, but think his issues are coachable

31-  Edge David Ojabo:  Going with the upside on this pick.  Don’t love a player this raw sitting with injury early, but the tools are there,

34 - WR George Pickens:  Actually think this is a little early for Pickens, but In a league that overvalues big WR’s, i think this is the right spot for him.

43 - CB Kyler Gordon: Late 1st grade on Gordon,  keeping the UW CB’s together.  Think both have a ton of versatility, and both aren’t afraid to mix it up in the run game.

46 - Edge Sam Williams:  High upside #2 at edge for Seoul,  Like the talent and ability to remain flexible on scheme.

47- Saf Bryan Cook: If it isn’t obvious by now I think this DB class is loaded.   Actually think Cook has a ton of flexibility in where he can line up,  plus he plays with an edge.

49 - TE Trey McBride:  2 TE lineups don’t get a ton of love in BDL, but I still like to run them.   McBride frees us to be more flexible with Kelce and Freiermuth.

60 - C Dylan Parham:  Right on value for me with Parham.  With Hudson and Myer, don’t really need to worry about him early.

62 - LB Damone Clark:  Likely high because of the injury, but was only counting on 1 LB in this class to produce early. LB #4 for me. 

64 - RB Kenneth Walker:  The first pick I didn’t really plan on making,  just straight value pick for me.  The cap between him and Hall isn’t as wide as the draft slots.

71 - Saf Nick Cross:  Again just a big board pick.   Allows me to let Cook roam more closer to the LOS.

81 - RB Dameon Pierce:  Unhealthy fascination with RB’s that guys just bounce off.

88 - Edge Joshua Paschal:  Yeah, none of my pure edge guys showed much last year.   Paschal gives me another guy with a little more inside/out flexibility. 

90 - Saf Kerby Joseph:  Poor mans Daxton to me.  High bust chance,  could allow me to be more flexible with how I use Hill.

101 - CB Joshua Williams:  idk why I like him, but I like him.  Poor man’s Sauce,  (no I’m not saying he’s sauce)

So you are where all the safeties went 😠

Ok I'll do it too.

1.13 Treylon Burks WR- His 4.55 at the combine doesn't bother me at all seeing how he played against top level competition. No brainer at 13 for me, had him ranked 7th.

2.5 Boye Mafe Edge- I like Mafe's tools a bunch, hoping he goes somewhere that helps him develop a rush plan.

2.11 Nakobe Dean LB- Felt I needed to trade up to make this happen, I think he's a dynamic player and is the exact kind of LB I needed.

3.8 Jaquan Brisker S- I really like Briskers versatility, was tempted to go another route because I thought I could get Bryan Cook later, glad I pulled the trigger.

5.3 Troy Andersen LB- Very intriguing to me how natural he looked at LB to me right off the bat after moving, add in the NFL athleticism and I'm willing to gamble on the small school guy.

5.5 Sean Rhyan OL- An athletic guy who I think can have success at RT or G. I want the flexibility.

6.13 Pierre Strong Jr RB- Missed out on Hall and Walker and had Strong rated highly, where he goes will be crucial.

7.2 Zach Tom OL- Another very athletic OL with versatility. Very good pass protector at LT against very good competition but wouldn't mind if he gets kicked inside also.

• Like 4