BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

2023 BDL Draft (order just based on last years order)

1.1 Gotham- Will Anderson Edge Alabama
1.2 Seoul- Bryce Young QB Bama
1.3 Cancun- Jalen Carter INT UGA
1.4 Antarctica- Kelee Ringo CB UGA
1.5 Rome- Jaxon Smith-Njiba WR OSU
1.6 Anchorage (from Lancaster)- CJ Stroud QB OSU
1.7 Raleigh- Eli Ricks CB Bama
1.8 Cuba- Myles Murphy Edge Clemson 
1.9 Hungary- Bryan Breese INT Clemson
1.10- Berlin (from IC)- Noah Sewell LB Oregon
1.11- Anchorage (from Singapore)- Jordan Addison WR Pitt
1.12- Anchorage- Julian Battle S Bama
1.13- IC (from Camden)- Bijan Robinson RB Texas
1.14- Flint- Peter Skoronski OT NW
1.15- DV- Kayshon Boutte WR LSU
1.16- Berlin- Tyler Van Dyke QB Miami

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Isn't Carter an edge guy?

13 minutes ago, Blue said:

Isn't Carter an edge guy?

It was Carter’s second blocked kick of the season, and beyond that, the athletic 6-foot-3, 310-pounder from Apopka, Fla., led the Georgia interior defensive linemen with 8.5 tackles-for-loss and had 3 sacks to Devone Wyatt’s 2.5 and Jordan Davis’ 2.

Carter already is on the NFL radar as a potential top-10 pick next April. Elite interior pass rushers are some of the rarest and most valuable commodities in the NFL. Draft analyst and former scout Daniel Jeremiah has said multiple times that Carter was the best prospect on Georgia’s defensive front. 

Best and worst case (realistic) landing spots for my draft picks

Evan Neal, OT, Alabama
Best Case - Houston Texas
Yes, the Texans are kind of a dumpster fire of an organization but still hoping he lands here. Many of the teams who could potentially draft a tackle high in this class are looking for a RT more. With the Texans there's a lot of talk about moving on from Tunsil in the near future so drafting Neal to play RT for a year but with a chance to move to LT long-term is ideal

Worst Case - New York Giants
Andrew Thomas has stepped up as the presumed LT of the future for the Giants. If they add Neal, he'd be pretty locked into RT for the foreseeable future. While I'd still be fine with slotting him at LT despite this because I know he has the athleticism and skills to do so, I know many would ding me for having him out of position, making this a less than ideal landing spot.

Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa
Best Case - Baltimore Ravens
As much as I'd hate to see him in a Ravens uniform, I think this would be a great fit for him in many ways. He fits what Baltimore likes in their tackles so I know they'd use him right. They also have a great track record of developing players so I'd be a lot less worried if he ended up there.

Worst Case - New Orleans Saints
This wouldn't be the end of the world but I have similar concerns as I do with Evan Neal landing with the Giants. The Saints have an established RT so Penning would likely end up being slotted at LT. If he works out there then obviously that's great but I view him as more of a RT only guy and I worry that him getting put on the left side will cause him to struggle and hurt his development.

Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan
Best Case - Kansas City Chiefs
The Chiefs signed some guys in free agency at the WR position but I don't know that any of them are going to hold back the Chiefs from giving a rookie significant snaps if they can earn them. Plus Patrick Mahomes is the QB so does any more really need to be said?

Worst Case - Seattle Seahawks
This is a team that seems to be heading downward and hasn't been great at developing their talent in recent years. Plus Drew Lock is penciled in as the starter at QB for now so does any more really need to be said?

Greg Dulcich, TE, UCLA
Best Case - Cincinnati Bengals
I almost put the Jaguars here because of pairing up Dulcich with Trevor Lawrence in BDL and real life, but then I realized I'd have the Jaguars listed under best case scenario and immediately dismissed that idea. Instead it'd be nice to pair Dulcich with another young QB in Joe Burrow. They lost their starting TE from the past season so it wouldn't be too difficult to get significant snaps if he plays well.

Worst Case - Carolina Panthers
The Panthers are just kind of a dumpster fire organization right now and I don't trust them to develop young players or get the most out of guys. They also drafted Tommy Tremble last season and signed Ian Thomas to a deal for some reason so it'd create somewhat of a log jam at the position.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

No

14 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

It was Carter’s second blocked kick of the season, and beyond that, the athletic 6-foot-3, 310-pounder from Apopka, Fla., led the Georgia interior defensive linemen with 8.5 tackles-for-loss and had 3 sacks to Devone Wyatt’s 2.5 and Jordan Davis’ 2.

Carter already is on the NFL radar as a potential top-10 pick next April. Elite interior pass rushers are some of the rarest and most valuable commodities in the NFL. Draft analyst and former scout Daniel Jeremiah has said multiple times that Carter was the best prospect on Georgia’s defensive front. 

Huh, not sure who I was thinking of then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

At some point, we will need to take a CB round 1. Maybe we will in 2027 or something.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan
Best Case - Kansas City Chiefs
The Chiefs signed some guys in free agency at the WR position but I don't know that any of them are going to hold back the Chiefs from giving a rookie significant snaps if they can earn them. Plus Patrick Mahomes is the QB so does any more really need to be said?

Haha this reminds me of Rondale Moore last year. Then the Cardinals took him made him an extravagant weapon who only gets the ball 3 yards down field and less.

30 minutes ago, MD4L said:

At some point, we will need to take a CB round 1. Maybe we will in 2027 or something.

I remember when you took Desmond Trufant right in front of me, you bastard. I think you traded up to do it, too.

29 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Haha this reminds me of Rondale Moore last year. Then the Cardinals took him made him an extravagant weapon who only gets the ball 3 yards down field and less.

Your first clue that it was bull**** was that it was the Cardinals who drafted him.

• Like 2