BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Went back and watched some Coastal Carolina game film on a game I hadn’t yet seen and was pleasantly surprised seeing Likely decleat two players on two different run plays where he is a lead blocker as the move tight end leading to two long touchdown runs. 

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Went back and watched some Coastal Carolina game film on a game I hadn’t yet seen and was pleasantly surprised seeing Likely decleat two players on two different run plays where he is a lead blocker as the move tight end leading to two long touchdown runs. 

To be fair, it's Costal Carolina. That is like me bragging about being able to decleat a couple middle schoolers

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blue said:

No there's not

There was never a first time Jace Amaro was good, for instance

I see Jameson has been in the studio recording so maybe you’re right and he is like Kadarius. I’ve tried to avoid all want to be rappers such as Yung Joka (Kadarius) and Bossman Fat (Kelvin Joseph) except for Ceedy Duce. Oh well

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I don't trust my own receiver rankings after the top 2, so take them with a grain of salt, but the top 10 ended up being:

1. Treylon Burks

2. Chris Olave

3. John Metchie

4. Skyy Moore

5. Garrett Wilson

6. Christian Watson

7. Velus Jones

8. Jameson Williams

9. Jahan Dotson

10. Drake London

We agreed on a total of the following prospects:

*Olave

*Metchie

*Burks

*Watson

*Wilson

*Williams

*Dotson

...and even then, we very much disagreed on the order/who would be good. I was higher on Wilson, slightly lower on Burks (still had him Top 3), slightly lower on Metchie (still had him Top 10), and I plain don't like Velus Jones despite the fact that we drafted him (He's so old and weirdly built I just can't help myself) and Skyy Moore.

I was just yesterday wondering what prospects you guys varied on most. There aren't many co-owners in BDL and you two I think are clearly the most collaborative so I was wondering about some of the biggest variations or disagreements in draft prospects but also your process overall.

Edited by rackcs

11 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I was just yesterday wondering what prospects you guys varied on most. There aren't many co-owners in BDL and you two I think are clearly the most collaborative so I was wondering about some of the biggest variations or disagreements in draft prospects but also your process overall.

Moss and I differed on Raimann. He liked him, I though he was similar to Bruce Campbell from a few years ago.

21 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I'd say receivers/value of which we ordered them. I also personally liked Cine from UGA if he's utilized as a box/hybrid, and @Blue did not if I recall.

I had Wilson in my Top 3 and didn't have Skyy in my Top 10.

He also hated Justyn Ross due to testing and I'd kick the tires on him as a mid round sleeper project.

I had Jeremy Ruckert as my Top 3 TE and actually like Leal from A&M despite his slight frame and poor(ish) Junior year, albeit I could see him as a 3-4 or 4-3 DE type at the next level.

Aside from that, we were pretty much on the same page throughout the draft process, and even then the guys that we disagreed on we more or less agreed upon in terms of value. For example, we would have kicked the tires on a guy like Leal later and both had the same top ranked LB but didn't want to draft them as high as they went (mostly due to value elsewhere and need elsewhere).

@Blue who else would you say?

• Like 2