Week 17: TB Bucs vs NY Jets

Bobby816

4 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

This is what I think our biggest fault was. We have them deep in their territory on 3rd and 20 up 14 points. You cannot let them convert - especially on a deep comeback. That conversion changed the whole game.

Anyone know what the call was there? Had to be 3 deep because 2 man under or quarters isn’t allowing a conversion there. 

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Anyone know what the call was there? Had to be 3 deep because 2 man under or quarters isn’t allowing a conversion there. 

I think it was a cover 2 zone, because there was someone over top of that bucc wr that killed us all game and someone sitting below him - but it could have been a cover 3 and someone was late getting under the route.

The Jets O line has their best game of the year with a bunch of backups, run  pass protection was strong, against a team, rank second against the run. Our backup running backs ran the ball 26 times for 150 yards that is a average of almost 6 yards a carry. We did everything but win, we had the lead for 59 minutes and 50 seconds.

Well I was at this game 15 rows back in the end zone. That first drive came right at us. Here are somethings I saw live that I don't know if the TV camera caught or you guys saw.

1. The OL is much better. When I saw who was starting I was thinking this will be interesting. Moses was probably the best that day of the OL and Feeney was the biggest surprise. He did really well. 

2. When Tom Brady came out to warm up the crowd went crazy. Yes there was a lot of Tampa fans AKA fair weather fans at the game. There was a lot of empty seats up high. Beer are 12 bucks!!!! 

3. AB is a moron. He came right at us in the end zone. I saw a guy throwing gear in the crowd and I was thinking what the heck is going on. Then he came running towards our end zone with no shirt on. Then I saw the face. Yup it was AB. The crowd went crazy and he was throwing his hands up right during the game. I can now saw I saw AB last game live. No one will take his attitude on. My son asked about him and I told him he is a loser that quit on his team and that is pretty much what you should not do. Tampa won and AB lost. 

4. I went with my 8 year old son and they had the lion king thing up on the big screen where they where holding the baby lion and people in the crowd started to hold up their kids. I did this with my boy and we where on the big screen. He loved it. 

5. Zach Wilson looked a lot better than he did in NE live. He still needs to know what down it is and when to run or throw it away. I know I have been really hard on this guy but he looked like a QB that could be average now. I'm still not sold on him being the guy yet. Zach did not throw and INT but 2 of his throws should have been picked but finally lady luck was on his side

6. Micheal Carter is the real deal. He can be a 3 down back. His cuts are great and sees the hole very well. He even goes to a spot not even open and then boom it is open. He also has very good hands so he can stay on the field for 3rd downs. 

7. Jeff Smith runs some very good routes. 

8. Braxton Berrios is a STUD!!! This guy is fast, great hands, great routes and can handle the returns. He should be in the slot not Moore. I think Moore needs to be on the outside. The starting 3 WR next year should be Moore and Davis on the outsides and Berrios on the inside. That is a very good WR core when they develop with Wilson. 

9. Tom Brady did it again to the Jets last minute and pulled it out. It was like everyone knew this was going to happen but you can't stop it. I'm very happy with the 4th and 2 and going for it to win the game. I did not like the play call at all. 

10. The DL looked pretty good. They got to Brady a few times. 

11. Overall I would say the Jets probably played one of their best games all season. You have to bring everyone back and see what happens. I still think the AFC EAST is still wide open. I can now say I have been too all these home stadiums: KC, Pats, Jet/Giants, Vikings and Miami. Now I have 6 teams down and only 26 to go lol. 

8. Gronk took Hall to school all day, I know it is Gronk but man Hall can't keep up with Gronk is kind of scary. Is Hall that slow??

9. I saw a lot more energy on the sideline. I think they knew this was their Super Bowl. To be the Champs on there last home game was what they wanted. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Well I was at this game 15 rows back in the end zone. That first drive came right at us. Here are somethings I saw live that I don't know if the TV camera caught or you guys saw.

1. The OL is much better. When I saw who was starting I was thinking this will be interesting. Moses was probably the best that day of the OL and Feeney was the biggest surprise. He did really well. 

2. When Tom Brady came out to warm up the crowd went crazy. Yes there was a lot of Tampa fans AKA fair weather fans at the game. There was a lot of empty seats up high. Beer are 12 bucks!!!! 

3. AB is a moron. He came right at us in the end zone. I saw a guy throwing gear in the crowd and I was thinking what the heck is going on. Then he came running towards our end zone with no shirt on. Then I saw the face. Yup it was AB. The crowd went crazy and he was throwing his hands up right during the game. I can now saw I saw AB last game live. No one will take his attitude on. My son asked about him and I told him he is a loser that quit on his team and that is pretty much what you should not do. Tampa won and AB lost. 

4. I went with my 8 year old son and they had the lion king thing up on the big screen where they where holding the baby lion and people in the crowd started to hold up their kids. I did this with my boy and we where on the big screen. He loved it. 

5. Zach Wilson looked a lot better than he did in NE live. He still needs to know what down it is and when to run or throw it away. I know I have been really hard on this guy but he looked like a QB that could be average now. I'm still not sold on him being the guy yet. Zach did not throw and INT but 2 of his throws should have been picked but finally lady luck was on his side

6. Micheal Carter is the real deal. He can be a 3 down back. His cuts are great and sees the hole very well. He even goes to a spot not even open and then boom it is open. He also has very good hands so he can stay on the field for 3rd downs. 

7. Jeff Smith runs some very good routes. 

8. Braxton Berrios is a STUD!!! This guy is fast, great hands, great routes and can handle the returns. He should be in the slot not Moore. I think Moore needs to be on the outside. The starting 3 WR next year should be Moore and Davis on the outsides and Berrios on the inside. That is a very good WR core when they develop with Wilson. 

9. Tom Brady did it again to the Jets last minute and pulled it out. It was like everyone knew this was going to happen but you can't stop it. I'm very happy with the 4th and 2 and going for it to win the game. I did not like the play call at all. 

10. The DL looked pretty good. They got to Brady a few times. 

11. Overall I would say the Jets probably played one of their best games all season. You have to bring everyone back and see what happens. I still think the AFC EAST is still wide open. I can now say I have been too all these home stadiums: KC, Pats, Jet/Giants, Vikings and Miami. Now I have 6 teams down and only 26 to go lol. 

8. Gronk took Hall to school all day, I know it is Gronk but man Hall can't keep up with Gronk is kind of scary. Is Hall that slow??

9. I saw a lot more energy on the sideline. I think they knew this was their Super Bowl. To be the Champs on there last home game was what they wanted. 

Great write up. Thanks. Only thing I question is Carter being a 20 touch, 3-down back. He gets hurt a little too often. Of course this does not mean he will continue to do so, but I would envision him being the lead back in a committee. Like what we do now. Plus, LaFleur prefers that approach.

Did someone get a photo of the Jumbotron moment?

12 minutes ago, xrade said:

Great write up. Thanks. Only thing I question is Carter being a 20 touch, 3-down back. He gets hurt a little too often. Of course this does not mean he will continue to do so, but I would envision him being the lead back in a committee. Like what we do now. Plus, LaFleur prefers that approach.

No we looked up and saw us and it was a second or two then on to the next. I wish we did get a shot of it. I know the Jets lost but that was a great game to go too. I think if I had to pick a jet game to go and watch this would have been the one. It would have even been cooler if the Jets where in the playoff run and beat Brady to lock in a spot but that is just a pipe dream lol. 

2 hours ago, xrade said:

Connor Hughes said we see him as RB2, still want to get a guy in front of him and build from those 2.

On 1/2/2022 at 6:41 PM, doumeyer said:

What we should be crying about is how with only 15 seconds left and no time out left we allow a 35 yard TD pass to a backup WR. That is the real screw up

Brady struggled against the blitz. We stopped blitzing on the final drive and Brady capitalized. It's really that simple. Prevent defense doesn't work and strangely...coaches are still intent on using it in 2022. Rich Cimini's text summed it up nicely.

The Jets’ blitz appeared to be slowing Tom Brady Sunday, but they opted not to send extra pass rushers on the game-winning drive. Brady went 7-of-9 for 93 yards and a TD on the Buccaneers winning drive.

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1478089915900571651?s=20

Edited by Colt45fool

12 hours ago, doumeyer said:

xrade, you are part right, but once the game is underway the league takes over

To be fair to AB, they haven't cut him yet .... which kind of makes Arians side of it sort of fishy.

AB said he was injured and couldn't go back in. Arians said get back in or you're gone. So AB left.

11 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

To be fair to AB, they haven't cut him yet .... which kind of makes Arians side of it sort of fishy.

AB said he was injured and couldn't go back in. Arians said get back in or you're gone. So AB left.

I was at the game. No way was he injured. He was running and jumping just fine leaving the stadium. You should not believe 1 word from AB mouth. The guy has been caught in lies after lies. He probably just said this to protect his money for the rest of the season. AB has so many mental problems he needs help not football. He probably is a person with CTE. I know there is no test to tell unless you are dead but no player acts like this. Even the coaches and GM's around the league have never seen this before. 

11 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

Brady struggled against the blitz. We stopped blitzing on the final drive and Brady capitalized. It's really that simple. Prevent defense doesn't work and strangely...coaches are still intent on using it in 2022. Rich Cimini's text summed it up nicely.

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1478089915900571651?s=20

Not mad about it, we saved ourselves draft positioning and actually won the moral victory. As a Jets fan, when do we ever not screw ourselves in these late season situations?

12 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

They did not cut him because it is a sticky situation regarding his contract.  Also, they do not want to cut him and have a team pick him up.  Arians remarks about him not being a Buc anymore ring true since AB will never see the inside of their stadium again.  And, according to Arians, the process for a player who feels he is injured is to get with the training staff and they will report it to Arians.  Apparently, none of that took place.  AB lies.

On 1/4/2022 at 10:02 AM, xrade said:

They did not cut him because it is a sticky situation regarding his contract.  Also, they do not want to cut him and have a team pick him up.  Arians remarks about him not being a Buc anymore ring true since AB will never see the inside of their stadium again.  And, according to Arians, the process for a player who feels he is injured is to get with the training staff and they will report it to Arians.  Apparently, none of that took place.  AB lies.

Adam Schefter with the full report from ABs team

FREE AB!!!

• 2 weeks later...