Week 18 GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Niners twitter lol 

I’ve wondered if this is a possibility. Conspiracy theory, didn’t want lance to play after he realized he’s not who he thought he was so no one had tape on him to lower his value. Weak QB class, how much could lance get? May even profit on the deal. 

That said, I don’t believe it. Just thought in a bizarre world it could happen. 

8 minutes ago, straighthate said:

I’ve wondered if this is a possibility. Conspiracy theory, didn’t want lance to play after he realized he’s not who he thought he was so no one had tape on him to lower his value. Weak QB class, how much could lance get? May even profit on the deal. 

That said, I don’t believe it. Just thought in a bizarre world it could happen. 

I don't even know why anyone would think this is a possibility. Jimmy G isn't good. He's an adequate QB who can't stay healthy. We just used 3 first round picks on Trey lance. You're not profiting off that given how much was given up. There have been a handful of deals in NFL history that have required that much compensation to acquire. 

If Kyle has changed his mind on Lance at this point, then that's a failure on his end. You draft a developmental guy to develop. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Outside of the 2019 season, is today the most important game of Shanny & Lynch's tenure? 

As of right now? Sure, but I don't think it's that big of a game for them. 

They aren't going anywhere until after 2023...don't think that changes regardless of the outcome of this game. 

1 minute ago, mw2noobbuster said:

So why not just play Lance then and be done with it. I don't understand the logic of trotting out an obviously still-injured QB who isn't that good to begin with. 

I think that is part of the difference between practice and the game that Kyle and the team may come to rue. I think he probably looked good in practice and it looked like he could go. Now, I im' not sure practice velo is game velo and I'm not sure exactly where he's at in terms of his health, but this could go south. I agree with @J-ALL-DAY that he could have a short leash. I think this may be a case where nobody really knows for sure until we get out there. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Trent & K'Waun Williams both inactive...Von & Kupp gona eat today smh

K'waun being out doesn't really impact Von all that much. But if Dontae Johnson is on Kupp in the slot for much of the time, obviously that is not good. LIS, I'd go Ward inside.