Week 18 GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't know why but it just hit me right now that tomorrow may be the last game of the season. Not ready for the season to end lol. 

SAME. I’m not ready to see their season end. I feel like this team just got rolling and they’re way too talented to not be in the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

SAME. I’m not ready to see their season end. I feel like this team just got rolling and they’re way too talented to not be in the playoffs.

Sometimes it just isn't meant to be. Talent wise of course this team is a playoff team but the actual results on the field say otherwise. No good team blows as many opportunities as this team did. I heard something like the Falcons are 7-2 in one score games while we are 2-5. SMH!!! That's just terrible. Usually these are good indicators for the following season as the luck flips a bit. 

If we beat the Rams then things will start to get interesting as I don't think there is any team that is levels above ours. Getcha popcorn ready!

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just means it flips over to draft season and free agency. 

The rough stretch is that summer time

The draft doesn't mean as much at the current moment just because we don't have our first round pick. Maybe after we trade Jimmy and get another pick or two it will start meaning more. But I'm meh for the draft.

Free agency though? Now, that will definitely be interesting. Still, not ready for the season to end lol. 

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The draft doesn't mean as much at the current moment just because we don't have our first round pick. Maybe after we trade Jimmy and get another pick or two it will start meaning more. But I'm meh for the draft.

Free agency though? Now, that will definitely be interesting. Still, not ready for the season to end lol. 

I don't care about where we stand with the draft. I just like the draft

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't care about where we stand with the draft. I just like the draft

Just a fan of the players the 49ers could target to be honest. Not that big of a fan as I don't watch much college football during the season. 

This wouldn't surprise me one bit. If Shanny wants to go with experience in a must win game, he will go with the vets. Of course fans will prefer Thomas but Norman/Moseley were on the field the last meeting against the Rams and did good limiting their passing game. 

He's just super elite in coverage. I still think Ryans needs to have Ward in the slot more on nickel downs to take away the #1 option of the opposing team. He will be on Kupp quite a bit but Ryans was too late in getting him on Brown in the Titans game. Ryans also needs to change the looks a bit where he had Ward on Kupp when they were in man last game and had Williams lining up in front of him when we were in zone. Rams will adjust to that this time around. 

Crazy part is just how great Ward is in coverage, he will never get a Pro Bowl birth just because he doesn't get many INTs. Sad!

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-roster-moves-suggest-jimmy-garoppolo-play-week-18-vs-rams

Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo is set to play Sunday in the 49ers' crucial regular-season finale against the Los Angeles Rams.

On Saturday, the team made a flurry of final roster moves ahead of the Week 18 game, and promoting quarterback Nate Sudfeld from the practice squad was not among them.

Therefore, the 49ers will go into the game with Garoppolo and rookie Trey Lance. Sudfeld was activated a week ago to serve as Lance's backup when Garoppolo was not available to face the Houston Texans in Week 17.

Guess its Jimmy G starting. Agree with the move if he's healthy enough to play; he matches up better against the Rams 

If this is the last of Lance we see until next season i'm fine...he's been practising well lately and showed his growth and potential in his 2nd start. A full offseason of studying the playbook, reps with Kittle/Samuel/Aiyuk, and developing in general will do him wonders as well.

Also wondering how short Jimmy G's leash will be. If he can't make all the throws like the Titans game do we put in Lance? Hopefully it doesn't come to that

Edited by 49ersfan