Week 18 GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

The NFL and NFL Players Association agreed to modify their joint COVID-19 protocols on Tuesday, cutting the standard isolation period after a positive test for asymptomatic individuals from 10 days to five days regardless of vaccination status, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.

An individual to clear protocol must meet other qualifications beyond the five days since their initial positive test, per a memo to all 32 teams obtained by Pelissero. An individual must clear at least 24 hours since their last fever without the aide of fever-reducing medication; other symptoms must be "resolved or improved"; individual must be cleared by team doctor in consultation with ICS and NFL; and any local regulations or requirements have been satisfied.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-nflpa-agree-to-modified-covid-19-protocols-cutting-standard-isolation-period

What am I missing here?

1 minute ago, Forge said:

You can test out of it

The article I posted was from December 28. I think they modified the guidelines because Micah Parsons tested positive today and he is ruled out of the game on Sunday and same thing with Mixon...Though he probably wasn't going to be playing anyways. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The article I posted was from December 28. I think they modified the guidelines because Micah Parsons tested positive today and he is ruled out of the game on Sunday and same thing with Mixon...Though he probably wasn't going to be playing anyways. 

I'm not sure if this takes away the option to test out...even your article still indicates that previously they had agreed to that without stating that it's no longer the case. The most updated changes shoudl have made it easier as it's based on the CDC guidelines which actually loosened up. So that would be weird if they removed that testing out option. 

@Broncofan do you know what's up with the covid testing? Can people still test back in or no? 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure if this takes away the option to test out...even your article still indicates that previously they had agreed to that without stating that it's no longer the case. The most updated changes shoudl have made it easier as it's based on the CDC guidelines which actually loosened up. So that would be weird if they removed that testing out option. 

@Broncofan do you know what's up with the covid testing? Can people still test back in or no? 

Um, not sure but unless it is a false positive, highly doubtful anyone would be able to test negative after a day or two. This takes at least a week. 

But Micah Parsons and Joe Mixon both got ruled out immediately. Unless it is known both are unvaccinated, that doesn't make much sense. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Vaxxed players can test back in.  Unvaxxed players are gone for 5 days, and if today was the test sample draw date, then it starts tomorrow.   On average, it's been 7+ days to test negative, when it was 2 negative tests, IIRC only 20 percent of players were getting cleared before the 10 day mark.  Theoretically possible, practically it's not at all likely. 

With the Sat game, Parsons is out, unless he's vaxxed and test back in - but keep in mind I think 2 players have tested negative in 4 days or less (and one of them, KC's Ward, was symptomatic 4 days prior, so I think it was a false negative test that day, and he was more likely 7+ days from onset).   TJ Watt testing out 4 days post-onset (he was asymptomatic) just shows how much of a freak he is - even his immune system is elite. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

Just now, Broncofan said:

Vaxxed players can test back in.  Unvaxxed players are gone for 5 days, and if today was the test sample draw date, then it starts tomorrow.   

With the Sat game, Parsons is out, unless he's vaxxed and test back in - but keep in mind I think 2 players have tested negative in 4 days or less (and one of them, KC's Ward, was symptomatic 4 days prior, so I think it was a false negative test that day, and he was more likely 7+ days from onset).   TJ Watt testing out 4 days post-onset (he was asymptomatic) just shows how much of a freak he is - even his immune system is elite. 

Much appreciated, my friend 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Much appreciated, my friend 

FWIW all of your CB/S that were placed on the list yesterday are good to go for Sunday if they are asymptomatic.  49ers will have to activate them by 4 PM ET and then they get clinically cleared on Sunday AM.   They don’t even need to test back in.   Don’t know why Shanny said that. 

The ppl placed today (Lenoir) have to test out (if vaxxed) otherwise they’ll be out until Monday.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, John232 said:

On the one hand, it’s going to suck if we lose and miss the playoffs by a nose hair…at the same time, despite a solid season from the team overall, I’m not sure we deserve to go to the playoffs.

There have been far worse teams that have made the postseason. Who is the say what team deserves to go or not when a lot of factors are luck influenced as much as effort influenced? 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

3 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I think this is what you meant to say J. 

Calm down Kyle!

Moseley looked like he was moving fine. Arrow up for him playing this week I would guess. 

Kind of wild, but Banks is really going to go the entire season without playing any significant snaps.

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Calm down Kyle!

Moseley looked like he was moving fine. Arrow up for him playing this week I would guess. 

Kind of wild, but Banks is really going to go the entire season without playing any significant snaps.

How could he have ever dreamed of usurping the elite talent that is Daniel Brunskill