Week 18 GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

3 hours ago, John232 said:

Looks like Key was right. Raiders we’re totally holding him back.  Now if only Hurst can stay healthy..

As much flack as I have given this FO for it's early draft misses, it's only right that I applaud their pro personnel ppl for continuing to find great defenders in free agency who exceed expectations. From Hyder to Key, we seem to do well with those lowly situational role player signings.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

As much flack as I have given this FO for it's early draft misses, it's only right that I applaud their pro personnel ppl for continuing to find great defenders in free agency who exceed expectations. From Hyder to Key, we seem to do well with those lowly situational role player signings.

And those are the type or guys that will determine succes over a long time. You obviously need a few of those star types but for continued succes outside of QB being able to find those low end starters/high-end back-ups consistently is key both from a money perspective and in getting comp picks to spend on replacements.

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

As much kudos as you want to give the FO for these types of signings, the same amount goes to Kocerek for turning these balls of clay into beautiful sculptures. It’s a symbiotic relationship and it’s working like a charm right now. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

As much kudos as you want to give the FO for these types of signings, the same amount goes to Kocerek for turning these balls of clay into beautiful sculptures. It’s a symbiotic relationship and it’s working like a charm right now. 

Overachievers are very good for a team. And Kocurek is perfect to build overachievers. We should sign some guys to 3 year deals, let them improve for 2 years, then trade them before the third, and start again! A good little pass rush/pick factory.

17 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I wasn't just referring to the D-Line though. I thought Jamar Taylor was looking very good for us as a nickelback up until his knee injury last year. And K'Wuan is another guy that was looked at as a fringe roster signing intially. We've done well with those type of players in terms of scheme fit. Especially for the price.

Edited by 757-NINER

34 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I wasn't just referring to the D-Line though. I thought Jamar Taylor was looking very good for us as a nickelback up until his knee injury last year. And K'Wuan is another guy that was looked at as a fringe roster signing intially. We've done well with those type of players in terms of scheme fit. Especially for the price.

I really liked Jamar last year too. If he didn’t get hurt, I wonder if he’d still be with us right now. 

There we’re a few guys in TC that got cut that I thought looked pretty good too. Guys like Mayden and Elijah Sullivan seemed like PS locks to me but weren’t for some reason.

• Like 1