Week 18 GDT - Los Angeles Rams vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

5 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I thought Shanny & McVay were old friends? Wonder if they had a falling out. Or maybe they're still friends and it adds to the rivalry 

I haven't seen anything to suggest they're no longer friends, but when you're getting routinely beaten by one person, regardless of friendship, you get a bit chippy and petty as emotions run high.

• Like 3

Dontae Johnson has struggled but he does come up clutch. 

In the first Cards game he got picked on but forced a key fumble late that gave us a shot to tie

In the Texans game he immediately gave up a PI but also had a PD on 4th down at the end of the game (granted, we were already up 2 scores with like 3 minutes left)

And in this Rams game he got torched early on at NCB but moved to SS due to injuries and didn't give up anything on his side. He also was the one who made the tackle along with DJ Jones on the 3rd and 7 at the end of the game

I think he's going to come up big in a playoff moment at some time. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Dontae Johnson has struggled but he does come up clutch. 

In the first Cards game he got picked on but forced a key fumble late that gave us a shot to tie

In the Texans game he immediately gave up a PI but also had a PD on 4th down at the end of the game (granted, we were already up 2 scores with like 3 minutes left)

And in this Rams game he got torched early on at NCB but moved to SS due to injuries and didn't give up anything on his side. He also was the one who made the tackle along with DJ Jones on the 3rd and 7 at the end of the game

I think he's going to come up big in a playoff moment at some time. 

Thanks for that last nugget. So he went to SS at one point?

4 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Thanks for that last nugget. So he went to SS at one point?

Yep once Tartt/Hufanga got injured. I think in the 2nd half. I don't recall him getting beat at SS either and we shut down Stafford pretty well in that half outside of the one TD drive. And that TD went over Ward/Moseley

Johnson had the first tackle of the contest, and the veteran defensive back didn’t stop there. He finished second to Greenlaw with nine tackles, all the while playing two positions — nickel cornerback and strong safety — that aren’t his natural spot (outside cornerback).

https://theathletic.com/3062727/2022/01/10/49ers-minutia-minute-dre-greenlaw-bursts-onto-scene-colton-mckivitzs-odd-season/

• Like 1

Just now, 49ersfan said:

Yep once Tartt/Hufanga got injured. I think in the 2nd half. I don't recall him getting beat at SS either and we shut down Stafford pretty well in that half outside of the one TD drive. And that TD went over Ward/Moseley

https://theathletic.com/3062727/2022/01/10/49ers-minutia-minute-dre-greenlaw-bursts-onto-scene-colton-mckivitzs-odd-season/

Now that I think of it, coming out of college, wasn't he a CB/S tweener?

5 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Now that I think of it, coming out of college, wasn't he a CB/S tweener?

4 hours ago, GW21 said:

He played some safety in college I'm pretty sure. 

Pretty sure he was strictly as CB@NC State but some draftniks thought he could possibly play FS because of his size/speed combo.

• Like 1