Week 18: At the New York Football Giants (where they don't fight each other if you have selective memory)

MikeT14

46 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think it's most likely that Wilson goes to New Orleans or possibly Pittsburgh. Those two teams are a better QB away and better luck with health from being Super Bowl contenders again.

They also have much more stable ownership/front office/coaching structures.  

That can not be understated.  We’ve gone from “Snyder just wants to win” to “Snyder is a legit POS who is putting fans and employees in danger and in compromising positions”……I’m looking at the whole cheerleader photoshoot and female employee issues with that last comment.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

No doubt. We clearly were/are the better team, but there are some days I wish we tanked appropriately. The Giants players knew how to tank, especially Galladay. He could have had his first TD in a Giants uniform and he alligator armed it on purpose.

I would expect nothing less from someone who came from the Lions under Patricia 

Overall Rank

Chris Olave

Ohio State

WR

Height:

6'1"

Weight:

Overall Rank

David Ojabo

Michigan

EDGE

Height:

6'5"

Weight:

Overall Rank

Drake London

USC

WR

Height:

6'4"

Weight:

Overall Rank

DeMarvin Leal

Texas A&M

DL3T

Height:

6'4"

Weight:

Overall Rank

Kenny Pickett

Pittsburgh

QB

Height:

6'2'"

Weight:

Overall Rank

Charles Cross

Mississippi State

OT

Height:

6'5"

Weight:

Overall Rank

Devin Lloyd

Utah

ILB

Height:

6'3"

Weight:

Overall Rank

Tyler Linderbaum

Iowa

OC

Height:

6'2"

Weight:

Overall Rank

George Karlaftis

Purdue

DL5T

Height:

6'4"

Weight:

Overall Rank

Sam Howell

North Carolina

QB

Height:

6'1"

Weight:

Draftek latest Big Board 11-18

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

@ARTMONK HOF Kenny Pickett for me and if you go to Drafttek’s mock draft, they have us taking Kenny Pickett. Matt Corral goes to the Panthers @ # 7. https://www.drafttek.com/2022-NFL-Mock-Draft/2022-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round-1.asp

Trying to give the forum possibilities when we pick at 11. If Pickett is there I think you take him. Don’t know if I would trade up for any of the QBs. Right now we don’t have a 5th rd pick. Depending on a trade, I would like to come out of this draft with a QB, LB maybe even 2, DB, RB, BPA (Later rounds). 

19 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Trying to give the forum possibilities when we pick at 11. If Pickett is there I think you take him. Don’t know if I would trade up for any of the QBs. Right now we don’t have a 5th rd pick. Depending on a trade, I would like to come out of this draft with a QB, LB maybe even 2, DB, RB, BPA (Later rounds). 

You know, I used to want a RB in the mid rounds but with the way that Jarret Patterson and Jonathan Williams played down the stretch I’m fine with them being our back ups as long as we also re-sign McKissic. I also think Gibson has proven he has what it take to be a #1 RB.

That being said, depending on how FA plays out and who we can keep or who we sign, other than taking a QB early & a LB who could be a starter and a LB later for depth I’m fine with just going BPA in every round. 

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

You know, I used to want a RB in the mid rounds but with the way that Jarret Patterson and Jonathan Williams played down the stretch I’m fine with them being our back ups as long as we also re-sign McKissic. I also think Gibson has proven he has what it take to be a #1 RB.

At some point, they need to add someone else who has potential to become an RB1. Gibson hasn’t exactly proven to be the most injury-proof back (though he does pretty much always play through it, which I respect a lot). 

But the other thing that we have to keep in mind is that the life cycle of NFL RBs is a short one. Gibson has two more seasons under his rookie contract, and then we’ll be faced with a decision about re-signing him. Maybe it won’t get too pricey, but traditionally second contracts for RBs don’t work out too well. 

At that position more than just about any other, you have to keep the talent churning. Keep investing in talented players who have the ability to seize the lead role if given the opportunity. That gives you the freedom to move on from the current guy if you decide it’s not cost-effective to keep him. I’d be looking this year in the round 3-4 range, but definitely within the next two drafts we need to add another back.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That being said, depending on how FA plays out and who we can keep or who we sign, other than taking a QB early & a LB who could be a starter and a LB later for depth I’m fine with just going BPA in every round. 

Yeah I don’t agree with this. Patterson is fun and Williams is camp fodder. Gibson barely eclipsed 1K yards in a 17 game season. Walker, Robinson, Spiller etc we should pick one of these guys. 

37 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah I don’t agree with this. Patterson is fun and Williams is camp fodder. Gibson barely eclipsed 1K yards in a 17 game season. Walker, Robinson, Spiller etc we should pick one of these guys. 

So what do you suggest we draft a running back in round 2? 

That’s basically what your suggesting with those names and we have much bigger holes. I’d much rather take a FS or a LB in round 2 than a back up RB.

Williams is more than Camp fodder.

Edited by turtle28

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So what do you suggest we draft a running back in round 2? 

That’s basically what your suggesting with those names and we have much bigger holes. I’d much rather take a FS or a LB in round 2 than a back up RB.

Williams is more than Camp fodder.

Yes. I’m totally fine taking a game-changing back at any point in the draft. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

You gotta think though as well, playing all year with an injury and playing from behind every game doesn’t help with the yardage. Not to mention Mckissic gets a lot of reps

also with all of that Gibson still finished 6th in rushing yds. finished ahead of Zeke as well 

given all that and only his 2nd full season playing runningback I would say he’s been pretty good

Edited by LoganF89