Charles Leno signs three year extension

ARTMONK HOF

Leno signing puts him dead middle of the league at $12.5 mill per year  just ahead of Tyron Smith , Dallas at $12.2 mill. I guess it's fair deal for both sides. Eliminates that big hole ! We have to OVERpay anyway to play at FedEx .

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Leno signing puts him dead middle of the league at $12.5 mill per year  just ahead of Tyron Smith , Dallas at $12.2 mill. I guess it's fair deal for both sides. Eliminates that big hole ! We have to OVERpay anyway to play at FedEx .

I believe I heard on the Junkies a half hour ago that Leno was rated 5th by Pff as a pass blocker. He only game up 6 sacks and 23 hurries all year. They didn’t overpay.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I believe I heard on the Junkies a half hour ago that Leno was rated 5th by Pff as a pass blocker. He only game up 6 sacks and 23 hurries all year. They didn’t overpay.

That's half a tackle's job. What about run blocking ?

18 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I hated the Leno signing at the time but he turned out to be a great addition to the roster and the community. Great guy and I’m happy I was wrong and he’s here. 

Loved him at $5 mill, $12.5 mill, not so sure . Didn't seem to be a power blocker for the running game .

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Loved him at $5 mill, $12.5 mill, not so sure . Didn't seem to be a power blocker for the running game .

So what would you have liked to do? Let our LT walk without a viable replacement? They totally lucked out that the Bears cut him otherwise we basically would have nothing at the position.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So what would you have liked to do? Let our LT walk without a viable replacement? They totally lucked out that the Bears cut him otherwise we basically would have nothing at the position.

I thought Lucas held his own last year - he would be cheaper . Also, maybe someone else gets cut this year like Leno .. I don't hate the move . Tough job filling the roster and L T is a top position . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I thought Lucas held his own last year - he would be cheaper . Also, maybe someone else gets cut this year like Leno .. I don't hate the move . Tough job filling the roster and L T is a top position . 

Sorry I came off as a smart ***. Didn’t mean it to sound that way buddy.