Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

punting at all in that situation is rough, that's the only point I'm making.

Defense was wearing down, run game for SF still had some good juice.  It's possible that they punt and give up a TD!  SF would be in 4 down territory from that point forward.

I was saying it from who knows what point of the game....but a ways back.....the defense would need to win this game for us. I saw NOTHING from the offense that led me to believe they'd pull it together.....and they didnt.

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think that a MVP QB should be able to manage more than 10 points (going by what is on the score board).   Rodgers didn't make big mistakes, but the end total is just not enough.  

It is fair to tip your hat to the SF D.  But that is not a outlandish defense that you need to be fearful of.  Good, yes.  Great and a D that needs to be feared, hell no.  

It is unfortunate, but when your cap charge is that high, the pay off and results needs to be better.  

SF front 7 is very solid. Back end not so much. But that isn't GB's strong point (WRs) either.

Edited by Howler

1 minute ago, Howler said:

SF front 7 is very solid. Back end not so much. But that isn't GB's strong point either.

GB needed somebody - ANYBODY - other than Davante to produce in the passing game.
The fact it didnt happen.....it's just sad.

Just now, squire12 said:

I think that a MVP QB should be able to manage more than 10 points (going by what is on the score board).   Rodgers didn't make big mistakes, but the end total is just not enough.  

It is fair to tip your hat to the SF D.  But that is not a outlandish defense that you need to be fearful of.  Good, yes.  Great and a D that needs to be feared, hell no.  

It is unfortunate, but when your cap charge is that high, the pay off and results needs to be better.  

GB had the worse defense coming in, JA didn't really play, and they outplayed SF.  SF had been the better defense all year, and they forced some huge errors by lewis and generated some big 3rd down stops by getting instant pressure on Rodgers.

I think the OL played bad outside of the 1st drive.  If the OL plays sound, the MVP is gonna look like the MVP.

Just now, Leader said:

GB needed somebody - ANYBODY - other than Davante to produce in the passing game.
The fact it didnt happen.....it's just sad.

They tried their *** off to get Odell beckham, and it's painfully obvious why.  Without a healthy Cobb or MVS, there was zero threat outside of Davante

Just now, Malfatron said:

Exactly

That was the point for me as well where i could keep a remote detachment to a loss like this.

Im already over it

For me it took the Jerry Rice fumble game plus the 4th and 26 loss to PHI plus the NFCC loss to SEA to get there, but I did get there.  

After the loss to TAM last year and then this loss to SF, my thought process is more like "how can they fix this?" rather than AGGGHHH!!!!! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Howler said:

SF front 7 is very solid. Back end not so much. But that isn't GB's strong point (WRs) either.

and GB has a supposed 2x MVP QB that should be able to make due with less than top tier WR.    It would be great to have Chase, Higgins, Boyd at WR, but when you have a QB making $40+M, there needs to be some sacrifice somewhere

Just now, skibrett15 said:

GB had the worse defense coming in, JA didn't really play, and they outplayed SF.  SF had been the better defense all year, and they forced some huge errors by lewis and generated some big 3rd down stops by getting instant pressure on Rodgers.

I think the OL played bad outside of the 1st drive.  If the OL plays sound, the MVP is gonna look like the MVP.

Everyone deserves blame for this loss. I just dont know what they do at this point in terms roster moves. I just hope they stick to one path.

1 minute ago, DscountDblchk12 said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but look how wide open Allen Lazard was on the final 3rd down play for the Packers.  Even Rodgers mentioned it in his press conference.  Once again, he went to forcing to the ball to Davante.  I mean if Lazard catches this he's crossing the 50.

https://ibb.co/2Sw1wjJ

wow that is pathetic

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

They tried their *** off to get Odell beckham, and it's painfully obvious why.  Without a healthy Cobb or MVS, there was zero threat outside of Davante

Yeah....it'll be interesting to see if OBJ gets the last laugh and his team moves on to the next level.
Many posters derided his selecting LA over GB.

• Like 1