Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

Z and the Bakhti and the other injuries have gotten lots of attention.  How likely do you think it is that Mercilus plays at all?  And if he's kinda healthy, what would he be used for?  I don't even know back during his couple of games.  Was he being used as defensive lineman, and basically playing snaps that Lowry or Keke or Lancaster would otherwise play?  Or was he formally playing OLB, and filling in some snaps that otherwise Tipa or Garvin would have filled? 

*IF* he was to play, would his function be more as a set-the-edge run defender, to help our sometimes inconsistent run defense?  

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

After seeing the 49ers march down the field for six against Dallas, maybe the Packers will want the ball to start it.  Probably not .. everyone defers.

Defer.  Get a 1-2-3 stop.  Drive and score.  Ideal perfect scenario in every way!

1 minute ago, craig said:

Z and the Bakhti and the other injuries have gotten lots of attention.  How likely do you think it is that Mercilus plays at all?  And if he's kinda healthy, what would he be used for?  I don't even know back during his couple of games.  Was he being used as defensive lineman, and basically playing snaps that Lowry or Keke or Lancaster would otherwise play?  Or was he formally playing OLB, and filling in some snaps that otherwise Tipa or Garvin would have filled? 

*IF* he was to play, would his function be more as a set-the-edge run defender, to help our sometimes inconsistent run defense?  

From LaFleur's press conference today ... just said that Mercilus will play.  Z and Jaire are expected to play depending on how they feel after practice this week.  Bahktiari is off today, but should go tomorrow and has a chance to play.  That one still seems a little up in the air, but you'd have to think he goes if at all possible.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  Matt LaFleur gave a VERY detailed answer when asked about two minute situations and how to approach the officials with spotting the ball.

Even went into the iOL giving the official space to get to the LOS. Incredible preparation and attention to detail.

McCarthy and Dak in attendance for this?

Some concerns going into Saturday:

The Niners running game.  Its their bread and butter.  With the cold weather expect them to grind it out,  with reverses and misdirection sprinkled in.

Jaire Alexander-  Is he ready or rusty?  the Niners might target him and that shoulder in the running game.   Will he be able to handle Deebo on the sweeps and end around.    Can he handle Deebo on the bubble screens where they target his shoulder.  Im not too worried about his pass defense,  its the short pass and contact.  Will he hold up?

Eric Stokes - He's a rookie, GREAT job this year, but its the playoffs.   He'll be fine if he plays like he has.  Needs better ball skills though.       

Edited by NFLGURU

Serious question… all I hear is how bad of a match up 49ers are for GB, yet they have the largest spread betting wise of all the games this coming weekend.

Is every other favorite in worse shape than GB, because all the talking heads are treating it like GB are dead men walking.

10 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Serious question… all I hear is how bad of a match up 49ers are for GB, yet they have the largest spread betting wise of all the games this coming weekend.

Is every other favorite in worse shape than GB, because all the talking heads are treating it like GB are dead men walking.

I hear you, but we do have 10 years of watching this movie.  Im still confident though.  

25 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Packers need to roll with Bakhtiari this week ... let him go for as long as he can.  It's possible he won't make it thru the whole game, but I think you have to go with your best in the playoffs.  LaFleur still sounds hesitant on his availability.

Agree, if he can go.   If he plays, I think you'll have to drag him off the field.  If the Packers get a decent lead late, you may just have to drag him off for his own sake.  

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Agree, if he can go.   If he plays, I think you'll have to drag him off the field.  If the Packers get a decent lead late, you may just have to drag him off for his own sake.  

Which knee did he have the operation on?