Week 18 WC Game: Eagles @ Bucs Sunday 1pm on Fox

Nabbs4u

36 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

While I've been one of the biggest critics of Doug on talent development and team management in general. To be fair, O-Line has never been the issue with this team. The players that were bust under him continue to look the same. 

Looking at this draft compared to every single one while Doug was here aside from 2018.

-Good Picks-
Devonta Smith
Landon Dickerson
Kenneth Gainwell

And there are a handful of others that seem like they can be at least contributors. 

25 minutes ago, Danger said:

Looking at this draft compared to every single one while Doug was here aside from 2018.

-Good Picks-
Devonta Smith
Landon Dickerson
Kenneth Gainwell

And there are a handful of others that seem like they can be at least contributors. 

It was a step in the right direction because Howie felt the pressure and he started to listen to the scouts. But he can't follow processes, had this team won a playoff game or if they take a step forward next season I fully expect him to revert to his egomaniacal ways and believe he knows better than everyone. 

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

It was a step in the right direction because Howie felt the pressure and he started to listen to the scouts. But he can't follow processes, had this team won a playoff game or if they take a step forward next season I fully expect him to revert to his egomaniacal ways and believe he knows better than everyone. 

Why do y'all refuse to accept that the Coaching Staff has and always did have a very big say in who gets drafted here? No, instead you want to throw every shred of blame on Howie. Howie has his faults, but Doug was by far the bigger problem.

Just now, Danger said:

Why do y'all refuse to accept that the Coaching Staff has and always did have a very big say in who gets drafted here? No, instead you want to throw every shred of blame on Howie. Howie has his faults, but Doug was by far the bigger problem.

He may have a big say, but Howie has a far bigger say, Doug wasn't even allowed to pick his own staff nor chose who was active on game days, this is the only team I know where that is the case. Hurts was a Howie/Lurie pick. Plus Howie doing his own big board and having it over the scouts. The guy is even worse than a Jones. 

I for one always thought that Doug was a massive problem with talent development and a big reason the team was decimated by injuries every single year during his tenure. And his ineptitude for talent development was the worst possible pairing with an accountant for GM. 

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

He may have a big say, but Howie has a far bigger say, Doug wasn't even allowed to pick his own staff nor chose who was active on game days, this is the only team I know where that is the case. Hurts was a Howie/Lurie pick. Plus Howie doing his own big board and having it over the scouts. The guy is even worse than a Jones. 

I for one always thought that Doug was a massive problem with talent development and a big reason the team was decimated by injuries every single year during his tenure. And his ineptitude for talent development was the worst possible pairing with an accountant for GM. 

Doug not being allowed to pick his own staff isn't legit.

He had opportunities to pick his own staff. He promoted Mike Groh from within. It failed terribly. He then was given the opportunity the following off season after Groh was a failure, but legit couldn't find anyone willing to take the job because 1. He doesn't know hot to actually make a compelling argument to coach below him 2. He wasn't willing to make any concessions.  So we went an entire year without an offensive coordinator, they then said that wasn't going to fly, so what is he then try to do? He tries to promote somebody who was the QB coach Press Taylor, after one of the worst QB seasons in the past decade, to offensive coordinator, when he should have been fired. Doug WAS given opportunities and proved to be completely and utterly inept, so stop lying to yourself.

Hurts was just as much a Doug pick as a Howie pick. Or did you forget both of them giggling to eachother on camera immediately after the pick was made?

Howie as a GM >>>>>> Doug as a coach.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Doug not being allowed to pick his own staff isn't legit.

He had opportunities to pick his own staff. He promoted Mike Groh from within. It failed terribly. He then was given the opportunity the following off season after Groh was a failure, but legit couldn't find anyone willing to take the job because 1. He doesn't know hot to actually make a compelling argument to coach below him 2. He wasn't willing to make any concessions.  So we went an entire year without an offensive coordinator, they then said that wasn't going to fly, so what is he then try to do? He tries to promote somebody who was the QB coach Press Taylor, after one of the worst QB seasons in the past decade, to offensive coordinator, when he should have been fired. Doug WAS given opportunities and proved to be completely and utterly inept, so stop lying to yourself.

Hurts was just as much a Doug pick as a Howie pick. Or did you forget both of them giggling to eachother on camera immediately after the pick was made?

Howie as a GM >>>>>> Doug as a coach.

The staff he got when hired was picked for him.

You are saying that as if I don't agree that Doug was not a good coach, and boy did he fail on promoting from within. He did not want to give up play calling duties, because that was the only thing he did as a HC. And that prevent us from hiring better guys for the OC vacancy, along with the reported toxic culture that was/is going on the organization and that persisted when hiring coaches after Doug left.

We have been drafting mentally weak, soft, long ceiling players and undervaluing LB and Safety way before Doug was a coach. Howie is good on dealing and getting value but he is very overrated as a cap manager and completely clueless on scouting college players. He did awesome on Free Agency once and failed big time every single year afterwards.

I'm not saying Doug is great by any means, they both suck and I want no part with either. 

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

The staff he got when hired was picked for him.

You are saying that as if I don't agree that Doug was not a good coach, and boy did he fail on promoting from within. He did not want to give up play calling duties, because that was the only thing he did as a HC. And that prevent us from hiring better guys for the OC vacancy, along with the reported toxic culture that was/is going on the organization and that persisted when hiring coaches after Doug left.

We have been drafting mentally weak, soft, long ceiling players and undervaluing LB and Safety way before Doug was a coach. Howie is good on dealing and getting value but he is very overrated as a cap manager and completely clueless on scouting college players. He did awesome on Free Agency once and failed big time every single year afterwards.

I'm not saying Doug is great by any means, they both suck and I want no part with either. 

Yes and they were clearly the best staff he had during his entire tenure. Every time Doug made a decision it was always a step backward. 

Yeah we ought to put a little more stock into LB and S. I just hate when people put all the blame on the draft for Howie. This year was already a good example of things being better without Doug's influence even in regards to the draft and players developing.