Week 18 WC Game: Eagles @ Bucs Sunday 1pm on Fox

Nabbs4u

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't think we overachieved. We literally didn't beat a single team with a winning record. We just had a extremely fortunate schedule, outside of KC and TB.

We should've beat the Chargers and I think we could have beat a team or two from those 5 playoff losses in the first 7 weeks if some of those games were later in the season.

It's not like we were out of the Chiefs game and we came back late in the Bucs game.

The Cowboys game we were embarrassed and Raiders was bad too.

We had no identity to start the year and it seemed like Howie and Nick were trying to get a look at what Hurts had to offer with him passing 35-50 times per game.

This is a very flawed team with a first time play caller at OC and DC and it showed especially early in the season. 

18 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

man its such a shame he's so underwhelming as a player. Jalen hurts is so unbelievably easy to like and root for

Word man. I'm legit being serious here, but he has to have a great parents to have turned out how he has. I've never read up on Jalen's dad or anything, but I know he was his HS head coach and was the hardest on him of any coach he's had at least according to what he said in a presser when asked about Sirianni's tough love coaching after a turnover.

I was really rooting for Jalen with every fiber of my being this season, but you could just see today how far he has to go as a processor and the limitations of his arm. 

18 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

Here's hoping he has some miraculous josh allen transformation over the offseason i guess

I have no doubts he'll work hard to improve this offseason. His character and work ethic isn't in question. He'll probably be working a lot with his throwing coach and probably getting the receivers to practice with him. He's gonna do whatever he can to try and improve. Hopefully they'll get him a WR2 as well.

Maybe most importantly next season will be the first time he's been in the same offense for 2 years in a row since he played for his dad in HS like I've said a couple times before. I think that will be good for him, but his arm is still limiting. Don't think its fair to throw Allen out there cause his arm lets him do stupid unfair stuff Jalen just won't be capable of on throws that need arm strength like that pass to DeVonta at the pylon that got picked.  As much as I like Jalen the person we know this season only bought him one more year maybe and he's probably gonna have to be at least a top 15 QB  next season for Howie to likely stick with him for the last year of that rookie contract.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

19 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Word man. I'm legit being serious here, but he has to have a great parents to have turned out how he has. I've never read up on Jalen's dad or anything, but I know he was his HS head coach and was the hardest on him of any coach he's had at least according to what he said in a presser when asked about Sirianni's tough love coaching after a turnover.

I was really rooting for Jalen with every fiber of my being this season, but you could just see today how far he has to go as a processor and the limitations of his arm. 

I have no doubts he'll work hard to improve this offseason. His character and work ethic isn't in question. He'll probably be working a lot with his throwing coach and probably getting the receivers to practice with him. He's gonna do whatever he can to try and improve. Hopefully they'll get him a WR2 as well.

Maybe most importantly next season will be the first time he's been in the same offense for 2 years in a row since he played for his dad in HS like I've said a couple times before. I think that will be good for him, but his arm is still limiting. Don't think its fair to throw Allen out there cause his arm lets him do stupid unfair stuff Jalen just won't be capable of on throws that need arm strength like that pass to DeVonta at the pylon that got picked.  As much as I like Jalen the person we know this season only bought him one more year maybe and he's probably gonna have to be at least a top 15 QB  next season for Howie to likely stick with him for the last year of that rookie contract.

im not comparing him to allen in any way. He's just the only QB i can think of that went from being pretty terrible to becoming exceptional in one offseason

Just now, Daimonas said:

im not comparing him to allen in any way. He's just the only QB i can think of that went from being pretty terrible to becoming exceptional in one offseason

I mean I know you've never been a Hurts guy, so I kinda figured you weren't comparing their arms. Also, I would say that it really took 2 seasons for Allen starting before he had that huge leap, but yeah he's an unusual case. Most QBs that don't ever throw over 60% completion in college ever really turn out to be good/franchise QBs. Allen was 56% both his years starting in college lol. Bills bet on his tools, gave him time and weapons and a great signal caller in Daboll who was also Jalen's OC his freshman year at Bama.

3 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

It's still a good example though. Everyone wants to say it's all becuase of Allen's arm talent when in fact it was many of the same things Hurts needs to work on.

Mechanics,  footwork, release, accuracy. He was horrific at all of  this in his first two seasons even with the strongest arm in the NFL.

Whomever it was Jordan Palmer? I'd be hiring and paying him whatever he wants to work with Hurts. 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/10/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-working-out-jordan-palmer-again/

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's still a good example though. Everyone wants to say it's all becuase of Allen's arm talent when in fact it was many of the same things Hurts needs to work on.

Mechanics,  footwork, release, accuracy. He was horrific at all of  this in his first two seasons even with the strongest arm in the NFL.

Whomever it was Jordan Palmer? I'd be hiring and paying him whatever he wants to work with Hurts. 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/10/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-working-out-jordan-palmer-again/

Jalen works with Quincy Avery or at least he did, but I'd probably rather have him work with Palmer.

Avery has worked with Watson, Hurts, Fields, Lance, and Haskins. I mean Watson is good, but the jury is out on the rest.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Speaking of Quincy Avery this is what he said about Jalen's game.

For those that don't know. Malik Zaire played QB at Notre Dame and Florida some years ago.

Also, irrelevant to Hurts, but Avery really took a shot at Dak today too...

Y I K E S

Absolute garbage take here with the last tweet. This is the issue with social media, people write stuff, while missing context, and everyone just runs with it. 

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott is pledging $1 million to “improve our police training and address systematic racism through education and advocacy,” he wrote Wednesday morning.

The pledge came with a lengthy statement on Prescott’s Instagram account in response to the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis and the subsequent protests across the country demanding action against police brutality and systemic racism.

“As a Black Multiracial American, I am disgusted and unsettled!” Prescott wrote. “To be humble and to see every man and woman as the same takes humility and accountability.

He donated money to help prevent the exact thing people were protesting.