• GDT - Wild Card Round || 49ers @ Cowboys •

WizardHawk

Im convinced that Romo speaks down to the lowest common denominator. That route/miss with Wilson was in zone. Wilson should have squatted in the open spot he was standing instead of running into the LB corps. Thats why the ball was behind. Romo knows that, but he instead he says the easy thing. "Missed pass". 

Whatever. 

Our defense seems to have settled down and our offense has woken up. I look forward to a reverse of fortunes in the second. 

I’m kinda expecting us to lose the game TBH.  Frankly, it will have little to do with coaching, but mostly due to Dak’s bugaboos.  Dak struggles against good defenses.  Combine that with his recent McNabbesque performances of getting balls batted at the LOS and one-hopping dirt balls to receivers… it’s a recipe to lose a game even though the cowboys have a more talented roster top to bottom.  This is a game where Dallas must be able to control the TOP.  I don’t have a ton of faith in Zeke to be able to do that which means Dak must convert on third downs.  Unfortunately, without a run game to take the pressure off Dak, I don’t think he can do it.

SF will run the ball down our throats in the second half if we are not playing with a lead and forcing them to throw.  we don’t match up well with Kittle or Samuel.  SF has a clear identity and they play to that identity.  If they run the ball effectively and especially if we allow them to volume rush, Garoppolo will do enough to win.  

So halftime fodder… this is my quote from Tuesday.  Unfortunately, I think I was spot on.  SF is running all over us.  Garoppolo is playing within the system.  We are struggling to sustain running the ball and Dak is not converting on third downs.  

Well, I think it's all about coaching and execution.

SF is executing and Shanny is outcoaching barrel of monkey spank something terrible.

SF's plan is simple, score on every possession. FGs, TDs, whatever.

Dallas is doing what they do, start slow, take bad penalties, Dak throwing behind WRs or dirt balls.

They need to calm down, pound the ball, quick strikes to get a rhythm.

Defense needs to get Garappolo off center, get him rattled and get a turnover.

This first drive if the 2nd half will set the tone.

God help us!

🙏

Just now, The_Slamman said:

So halftime fodder… this is my quote from Tuesday.  Unfortunately, I think I was spot on.  SF is running all over us.  Garoppolo is playing within the system.  We are struggling to sustain running the ball and Dak is not converting on third downs.  

OR...  our D has yet to make SF punt... and it was more passing that set that all up then runs  IMO,   and a penalty killed two of the other three drives that failed..

1 minute ago, project T.O said:

Really need to get some consistent pressure on jimmy G. To allow Db’s to play tighter to the line and cut off those quick slants which is what jimmy will want when heat starts coming. 

None of that can or will happen until Dallas stops the running game.