A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

6 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I could get behind those, again, knowing virtually nothing about them....

It's true that we don't know a lot about them personally, or how much they've been involved in some of the decisions that have been made at their organizations...but, it does bode well on Poles, that, reminiscent of Stefanski, Janocko, Ficken, et al...Poles has managed to be kept in the Chiefs' front office through the reigns of Scott Pioli, John Dorsey and now Brett Veach.  He must certainly have done something pretty well to be around for 12 years in the same organization.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Since some of the candidates are pretty young and inexperienced, could any of them be potentially brought in as well as the assistant gm?

Doubt it, because there's likely no incentive for them to leave, unless they have some familiarity with the guy that gets hired.  Like, if Kwesi gets hired, maybe he could bring Cook along...but it's far more likely that Cook gets his job with the Browns.  I think it's far more likely that, if Kwesi gets hired, then Stephenson probably gets the de facto assistant GM job, like he sort of had here this past year.  If Poles gets the job, maybe he'll try to ****** someone from the Chiefs front office to help him, maybe a guy like Tim Terry, their Director of Pro Personnel, who has spent the last 5 years with the Chiefs, but many years before that with the Packers.  

Edited by swede700

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Doubt it, because there's likely no incentive for them to leave, unless they have some familiarity with the guy that gets hired.  Like, if Kwesi gets hired, maybe he could bring Cook along...but it's far more likely that Cook gets his job with the Browns.  I think it's far more likely that, if Kwesi gets hired, then Stephenson probably gets the de facto assistant GM job, like he sort of had here this past year.  

Ok.  I wasnf sure if assistant gm would be enough of a jump for any of them