Wild Card Games

Leader

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If the Packers don’t win it, I want Belichick to get a ring without Brady.

Bill (and the Patriots) have plenty of Lombardi's. A few more and they're gonna change the name of the trophy.

Brady's not winning another one. You can mark that down 👍

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Bill (and the Patriots) have plenty of Lombardi's. A few more and they're gonna change the name of the trophy.

Brady's not winning another one. You can mark that down 👍

Yeah, I typically hate it when teams have more rings than the Packers, so I get that mentality. I will fully acknowledge that is me being spiteful. Not going to change my mind though.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I typically hate it when teams have more rings than the Packers....

I actually dont keep track of such stuff. I'm just tired of hearing about the Patriots and Brady.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Not going to change my mind though....

Have you ever? Think I must've missed that post :)

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

I actually dont keep track of such stuff. I'm just tired of hearing about the Patriots and Brady.

Have you ever? Think I must've missed that post :)

I change my mind all the time on a lot of things. I just have to be proven wrong first. I believe in absolute truth. I believe that in order to get to that absolute truth, there has to be discussion.

When I’m proven wrong, I’m proven wrong. I used to be staunchly against ILB, WR, TE, IOL at ANY point in the first round. I’ve since come around to 24th overall and up it is sometimes permissible and okay. Micah Parsons also proved my point wrong if you add in a disclaimer of something like, “Well, what if it’s an ILB that can play EDGE?”

My opinion is always changing and adapting, but it takes discussion and debate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Watch them win the Super Bowl now. Lol.

Anyhoo, I’m rooting for the Patriots pretty seriously as my second.

If the Packers don’t win it, I want Belichick to get a ring without Brady.

Packers, Patriots, Bills, Titans, Bengals, Cardinals, Cowboys are the teams (in order) I wouldn’t mind seeing win.

I’ll co-sign this if and only if they play TB in the Super Bowl…. And bill beats Brady to do it.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I change my mind all the time on a lot of things. I just have to be proven wrong first. I believe in absolute truth. I believe that in order to get to that absolute truth, there has to be discussion.

When I’m proven wrong, I’m proven wrong. I used to be staunchly against ILB, WR, TE, IOL at ANY point in the first round. I’ve since come around to 24th overall and up it is sometimes permissible and okay. Micah Parsons also proved my point wrong if you add in a disclaimer of something like, “Well, what if it’s an ILB that can play EDGE?”

My opinion is always changing and adapting, but it takes discussion and debate.

Knowledge is a human construct. There's no such thing as absolute truth, only ideas that are the best fit to the data. As the data change, so do the ideas. Humans see the new data and construct new and better ideas. That's why offenses and defenses keep evolving. The same can be said for scientific theories, political ideas of governance, medical procedures, etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I just got this. I could swear the Saints were a win and in. Did they not win? 

I follow cam jordan on twitter. And while i didnt do much football watching this weekend im going to say the saints 100% did not make the playoffs.

Someone needs to check on the homie haha

26 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Knowledge is a human construct. There's no such thing as absolute truth, only ideas that are the best fit to the data. As the data change, so do the ideas. Humans see the new data and construct new and better ideas. That's why offenses and defenses keep evolving. The same can be said for scientific theories, political ideas of governance, medical procedures, etc. 

Is that an absolute truth?

5 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

No. That's a claim based on the current data. New data could change my mind. Do you have any?

It's not a question of data, it's logic.  The claim either disproves itself or it was wrong to begin with.  You are correct though, most things are not absolutes.