Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

1 minute ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Tbf it wasn't like we were gonna pay him peanuts. He was set to be a top 5 paid WR in the league by all reports. Personally I would've wanted to keep winning and making a couple mil less. Miami will maybe finish 2nd in their own division unless something happens to Josh Allen

The market is set up this way. Ever reaching higher and higher, he does a lot more than most WRs. Hes the most dangerous weapon in the NFL so hes getting paid for it. Makes sense and will be missed, but hes always been about the money that’s been obvious

• Like 1

Just now, Chiefer said:

The market is set up this way. Ever reaching higher and higher, he does a lot more than most WRs. Hes the most dangerous weapon in the NFL so hes getting paid for it. Makes sense and will be missed, but hes always been about the money that’s been obvious

Oh absolutely, I understand the overall premise. I just personally disagree. From a strictly on field perspective I think he's gonna miss Pat in a quick hurry.

20 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

+Was surprised at the picks you got in return Hill was a 6x Pro Bowler so #29 seems a bit low. Can't say I don't like it, Hill out of the division is great news. 

5 picks is a good haul for a 5th round investment. Very comparable to Davante Adams

• Like 1

Just read a post-Tyreek mock where we get the following in round 1:

29. Chiefs (From Dolphins via 49ers) – Treylon Burks, WR/Arkansas

30. Chiefs – George Karlaftis, DE/Purdue

We have 2 - 2nd round and 2 -3rd round picks as well.  Remember we got Bolton (#58) and Humphrey (#63) late in the 2nd round last year.

This trade is all about the draft picks this year.

WR became a big need now lol. Think were good at X/Y with Hardman & Juju. Problem is they both have one year left on their deals, but weve got some more money to work with too.

Reid needs a Z though, there should be a good amount of those available late first. Jahan Dotson, Christian Watson, Chris Olave, Garret Wilson, Treylon Burks, etc. Alec Pierce or Kyle Phillips may be had later on, i think we need to double dip to keep up. 

Class is so deep and we got three more top 105 picks

Just read this and was somewhat shocked ... but after some thought ... 

- the Chiefs may be taking a year off high expectations
- they felt they would not be able to keep Hill after his contract expired
- they may have felt they can't refit the team in just one year without deep cuts
- with 12 draft picks this year (6 of which are round 1 -3) they have a lot of ammo to fill up the ranks
- with two extra picks from this trade and probably 3 or 4 comp picks they'll have another big draft next year

That said ... IF they really hit on this year's draft they should be competitive again. With a year of development those rookies may be a big factor moving forward. The high number of premium picks provides the team a lot of flexibility when it comes to position vs. skill.

Really need to sort out their big needs now and when to fill them. I think the running game just gained a bit of importance ...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Even before the trade I thought Dotson would be a favorite at 30. Now I have to believe he’s the pick. Hopefully a pass rusher falls to 29. 

Theres gonna be a WR Veach falls in love with for sure. Pretty excited to see which one because theres a lot of directions they can go. Heard were also talking to the Jags to trade for Shenault

there should be a decent 2nd tier pass rusher available. Maybe we go Ebiketie to pair with Dotson and get two outta Penn St.

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I think that will be best case scenario assuming all the consensus top guys are gone. 

I could easily see us double dipping at WR, or trading back, or picking a RT, or NT, S. Got a lot of room to maneuver now, besides at WR lol.