Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

23 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Its 2022, its a passing league, were gonna need more to compete now and intot he future. Especially in this stocked conference and in a world where teams skate by on the cap margin to fill their teams with elite name talent

Mahomes will make most competent WR's better than they would be with most other QB's. JuJu with Rothlisberger? HaHa. We'll see how he stacks up with PMII. Same for Scandling

7 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Kelce is 33 and not under contract past 2023, like most of our receiving corp, which is kinda the whole point im making in that were gonna need to keep building towards the future by continuing to accumulate Elite talent. Some people like to deny that and say all we need is Mahomes and a Top 10 OL, absolute silliness

Im just pointing out trends, people can deny em if they want. I think for this year were solid, maybe. Juju has chronic knee issues, Hardman has had serious  confidence/trust issues, MVS is a career 3rd/4th option, and Kelce is turning 33. I honestly dont see where the confidence is coming from but hey, we might just be okay with that + Mahomes. Maybe.

I just hate the whole “Well Tom Brady and Belicheck did it with xyz players” yeah and that was also 4 years ago and worked against Jared Goff led SB teams. Mahomes/Reid are definitely not Brady/Belicheck either, never will be.

Again, I've said I think we absolutely should draft someone and likely plan to. I just don't think we absolutely need an elite guy. Like, if we draft a guy who can ultimately perform like a Tyler Lockett or an A.J. Brown or a Keenan Allen, a guy who isn't some elite dominant threat, but is a solid #1 or a great #2, and then you pair that with complementary pieces like Juju, MVS, Hardman, etc., I think that is more than sufficient. You don't hard need an elite name.

Maybe you're just throwing around the word elite more casually than I do, I dunno.

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Kadarius Toney on the trade block, any takers?

100% depends on cost. We have enough picks in this draft that I'd have no problem throwing a 5th or 6th at it. If it's the kind of thing where they just want something rather than nothing from cutting him, sure. Talent is there, you just hope the culture change makes an impact, and that's the point in the draft where you're fine with low floor high ceiling guys anyways (see: Tyreek.) If they want an actual meaningful return though, I'd be out.

14 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Mahomes will make most competent WR's better than they would be with most other QB's. JuJu with Rothlisberger? HaHa. We'll see how he stacks up with PMII. Same for Scandling

My worry is the knee issue is chrnic with Juju and hes only ever been a good 2nd option. MVS was with Rodgers, a 2-time recently MVP, so that definitely can stack up with PMII lol

14 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Again, I've said I think we absolutely should draft someone and likely plan to. I just don't think we absolutely need an elite guy. Like, if we draft a guy who can ultimately perform like a Tyler Lockett or an A.J. Brown or a Keenan Allen, a guy who isn't some elite dominant threat, but is a solid #1 or a great #2, and then you pair that with complementary pieces like Juju, MVS, Hardman, etc., I think that is more than sufficient. You don't hard need an elite name.

Maybe you're just throwing around the word elite more casually than I do, I dunno.

But thats only for one season, and theres a lot of question marks with the current talent level we have now. im thinking beyond. Were not gonna be able to hold this corp together, and Kelce is old and will decline at some point. We need to continue finding Elite weapons.

Mainly I want a guy that when the whole world is watching can go out and make a play to win the game. Only guy we have who can consistently do that rn is Kelce. Unless we want to go back to Mahomes performing Carson Wentz heroball all the time to save us. No thanks.

Also i dont think Keenan Allen and Tyler Lockett are that guy. Aj Brown I think is though. Also, AJ brown isnt dominant? Really? Dudes a beast!

Edited by Chiefer

6 hours ago, Chiefer said:

But thats only for one season, and theres a lot of question marks with the current talent level we have now. im thinking beyond. Were not gonna be able to hold this corp together, and Kelce is old and will decline at some point. We need to continue finding Elite weapons.

Mainly I want a guy that when the whole world is watching can go out and make a play to win the game. Only guy we have who can consistently do that rn is Kelce. Unless we want to go back to Mahomes performing Carson Wentz heroball all the time to save us. No thanks.

Also i dont think Keenan Allen and Tyler Lockett are that guy. Aj Brown I think is though. Also, AJ brown isnt dominant? Really? Dudes a beast!

It's not only for one season. The whole point is that it's sustainable. 

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

It is? 

Exactly. Finding a succession of great players is not guaranteed. Finding several good players is more doable.

For example, look at how New England, New Orleans, Green Bay, Baltimore always have premium OL without spending premium picks. They keep bringing in new blood in later rounds and developing it.

On 4/22/2022 at 9:16 PM, Jakuvious said:

100% depends on cost. We have enough picks in this draft that I'd have no problem throwing a 5th or 6th at it. If it's the kind of thing where they just want something rather than nothing from cutting him, sure. Talent is there, you just hope the culture change makes an impact, and that's the point in the draft where you're fine with low floor high ceiling guys anyways (see: Tyreek.) If they want an actual meaningful return though, I'd be out.

Toney was on my personal non-draftable board last year. I didn’t like him then and I don’t like him now. 

Interesting article on pass rush philosophy. Over the years, Spagnuolo has developed a template for defensive limemen--long, lean, able to slide inside. The template didn't fit Melvin Ingram nor does it fit Mike Danna, Chris Jones, or Tershawn Wharton. Is the template changing?
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/the_chiefs_can_alter_their_pass_rush_philosophy_via_the_draft/s1_16631_37433317

The final (?) round of analysts picks prior to the draft.

Player & Position School Source
DB Jalen Pitre  Baylor Doug Farrar – Touchdown Wire
EDGE George Karlaftis Purdue Luke Easterling – Draft Wire
S Daxton Hill (Trade) Michigan Chad Reuter – NFL.com
Trade Down N/A Maurice Jones-Drew – NFL.com
EDGE George Karlaftis Purdue Peter Schrager – NFL.com
S Daxton Hill Michigan Mike Kaye – Pro Football Network
WR Jahan Dotson Penn State Marcus Mosher – The Game Day
IOL Kenyon Green Texas A&M Chris Trapasso – CBS Sports
WR Jahan Dotson Penn State Eric Eager – Pro Football Focus
CB Kaiir Elam Florida

Thor Nystrom – NBC Sports

Player & Position School Source
DT Devonte Wyatt Georgia Doug Farrar – Touchdown Wire
CB Kyler Gordon Washington Luke Easterling – Draft Wire
WR George Pickens Georgia Chad Reuter – NFL.com
EDGE George Karlaftis Purdue Maurice Jones-Drew – NFL.com
CB Kyler Gordon Washington Peter Schrager – NFL.com
EDGE David Ojabo Michigan Mike Kaye – Pro Football Network
S Daxton Hill Michigan Marcus Mosher – The Game Day
WR Christian Watson North Dakota State Chris Trapasso – CBS Sports
S Daxton Hill Michigan Eric Eager – Pro Football Focus
WR Treylon Burks Arkansas Thor Nystrom – NBC Sports

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

Chiefs to get D. Samuel? I could get on board with that.  KC might have to pay him $20million/yr.. But KC might give it to him since Tyreek wouldn't take it apparantly..

https://www.nfl.com/news/deebo-samuel-requests-trade-10-potential-landing-spots-for-san-francisco-49ers-s

He's a yac machine but it's reported that the 9ers are gonna want the moon and stars to acquire him plus then we'd have to pay him big $$. I just don't see it happening