2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Sauce Garner and Trayvon Walker ... wonder if this board would explode if we did that and didnt take a WR in the 1st ...

lol there isn't a defensive combo that could make me cringe. So I'll be good. The top 3 picks just can't be defensive. I can't justify that. 

I really do hope Kayvon in interviews with us can convince JD and Saleh he's mature enough to be part of what we're trying to do in turning this team around. He for me would be the best pick for us at 4 that's realistic.

Where it gets interesting for me is at 10. If Sauce is there, is he too good to pass up on even though CB isn't a big need for us? Will be even like a WR enough to take one at 10 or will we like the 2nd round options like Watson in Round 2 after coaching him

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No to Walker, similar to JFM’s skill set. We need a pure edge with speed and bend opposite Lawson

How I’d approach it, but think Walker is likely very high on their board. Versatile, big, huge upside athletically. My guess at 4 right now. 

The more I look into the D. Watson situation I think the Browns made a poor move. You gave away massive amounts of picks for a guy who has not thrown a football in almost 2 years. Then you add the money to the situation where you give a guy 90 mill (no matter what) who could miss some or all of the 2022 season. Then you add the PR giving this money for a guy who has 22 civil lawsuits against him. I think the risk reward is just not there. There is way too much risk for the reward you will get. 

54 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

The more I look into the D. Watson situation I think the Browns made a poor move. You gave away massive amounts of picks for a guy who has not thrown a football in almost 2 years. Then you add the money to the situation where you give a guy 90 mill (no matter what) who could miss some or all of the 2022 season. Then you add the PR giving this money for a guy who has 22 civil lawsuits against him. I think the risk reward is just not there. There is way too much risk for the reward you will get. 

I'm just glad the Jets did not get him.  He is a PR nightmare.  Heaven help the Browns FO if they don't make it deep in the playoffs.

Browns have interesting pieces, but losing their top-2 WRs is going to kill them. If the Ravens fix their secondary and actually give LJ a weapon, Browns won't beat them. Ravens would have swept them if LJ didn't get hurt during the game. They might be the 3rd best team in the AFCN, if the Steelers don't find a solution for their QB. 

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Browns have interesting pieces, but losing their top-2 WRs is going to kill them. If the Ravens fix their secondary and actually give LJ a weapon, Browns won't beat them. Ravens would have swept them if LJ didn't get hurt during the game. They might be the 3rd best team in the AFCN, if the Steelers don't find a solution for their QB. 

Cooper is on the Browns and Landry might still come back. Plus their best weapons were and are still Chubb & Hunt. They are going to be a force.

Just now, NJerseypaint said:

Cooper is on the Browns and Landry might still come back. Plus their best weapons were and are still Chubb & Hunt. They are going to be a force.

The RBs weren't a threat to the Ravens. Cooper is a good pick up and getting Landry would help, but there is a good chance they finish #3 again if Watson doesn't come out on fire. 

15 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No to Walker, similar to JFM’s skill set. We need a pure edge with speed and bend opposite Lawson

I 100% thought that as well. But he's pretty much the only guy I moved on my board after the combine. He moves like he's a legit DE. Not a hybrid like JFM. Where you're correct... is that bc of his size, he doesn't have great "bend" Which is a huge quality I like in a DE. So I'd rather go in a different direction at DE for us at 4 or 10. 

Walker is a freak, his measures like Myles Garrett. He didn't have the production though, so was that scheme or what?  Walker will be drafted very high because he measures out the way he does. 

Jermaine Johnson is a legit good DE, he is a bit older so that is why people don't want him because he is 23.  But he has the ideal size, length, and is super productive. 

I am on board that we need a DE in round 1, its a huge need for this defense and if we hit on one and finally get a productive EDGE that it could uplift our defense.   Especially if Carl Lawson gets healthy and returns this season and picks up to where he was heading before his injury.  I like the Jacob Martin signing for depth too, because he legit has speed off the edge and has that bend, he can get after it and is a good rotational piece. I want JFM to play more inside than outside, I think his best pass rushing comes inside. 

We also need to add depth at LB and need a WLB. You have Kyzir White still a FA too... 

There should be a quality safety in round 2. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I'm just glad the Jets did not get him.  He is a PR nightmare.  Heaven help the Browns FO if they don't make it deep in the playoffs.

I know this time last year the Jets had a connection to him. I'm very happy we stayed away. You are right if they miss the playoffs or out in the first round it could get ugly. Then you have to think about all that negative PR that will be around for a few years. Can you imagine if the NFL made him sit another 6 games or so. I think the Browns are going right back to the bottom for a long time.  

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The QB Carousel this year is crazy. Have to think that's bc no QBs in the draft are wowing anyone. 

This would be fun to watch if they all weren't coming to the AFC. smh. We would be contenders in the NFC at this point. lol