2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

6 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Only one other player in NY Jets history has made more tackles in a single season than Mosley, did this year. He was all over the field, they even had him covering TE"s because our safeties couldn't do the job. I am not sure who holds the record for most tackle in one season if I were to guess i would say Kyle Clifton. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND why some people on this board would let Mosley go.

If I'm not mistaking, it's Vilma back in 05'. 

I wouldn't let Mosely go this offseason, but it will be considered after the season because of his market cap. He made a lot of tackles, but he didn't make many plays behind the line or against the pass. He'll be 30+ making 18.5M a year if we keep him after this season. I don't want him to go because I don't want to create another hole to fill, but there is a good chance of it happening. He will be the 2nd highest paid ILB in the league. 

15 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

If I'm not mistaking, it's Vilma back in 05'. 

I wouldn't let Mosely go this offseason, but it will be considered after the season because of his market cap. He made a lot of tackles, but he didn't make many plays behind the line or against the pass. He'll be 30+ making 18.5M a year if we keep him after this season. I don't want him to go because I don't want to create another hole to fill, but there is a good chance of it happening. He will be the 2nd highest paid ILB in the league. 

Yea Rick Vima was another guy we let walk to the Saints, James Farrior was another LB we let walk to the Steelers. Both these guys were tier one players.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm open to giving him a chance to start and pairing him with a good vet. This was against Jags, Buccs, and Bills. 

I wouldn’t hate that idea, but we have been fooled so many times by young players playing well for a few weeks then crapping the bed when given the chance to start.  Maybe Pinnock breaks that trend, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

3 hours ago, xrade said:

I wouldn’t hate that idea, but we have been fooled so many times by young players playing well for a few weeks then crapping the bed when given the chance to start.  Maybe Pinnock breaks that trend, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

I definitely understand that.  That's why I'm waiting to seriously call Wilson the franchise QB. 

On 1/28/2022 at 12:57 PM, xrade said:

$9M, $10M what the difference.  It is a lot for another Corey Davis and that is what he would be on this team.  If he is so great, why would Cincy want to ship him out?  Why did they draft Chase?  If he's a whiner, why would JD even want him?

On 1/28/2022 at 6:40 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

But why would Boyd think the problem you brought up with Chase/Higgins wouldn't exist here. Wouldn't he actually desire a larger role?

forget-it-pissed.gif

41 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Reportedly no one outside of a quality control coach. They want to limit the voices in the room.

Yeah.. They probably will hire ones during OTA or later. Depend on what situation they will be in.

Edited by JetsandI

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

I'm liking what I see from Garrett Wilson, the way he runs routes and cuts in the field would be a nice addition to our offense.  I am not against using a 1st on a WR in this draft, there are some that may be worthy.  

We need to give Wilson all the weapons he can get. 

I like Wilson and Dotson in round 1. Wan’dale Robinson late 2 or 3. Metchie in 3. Those are the WR I think would fit this O the best.