2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Within Joe Douglas' 1st round grade evaluation to meet Mike LaFleur's satisfaction, I would say Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson and Jahan Dotson.  That means Jets should trade down from high pick or trade back into 1st round to take one of them.

I am not sure if which WR earns highest score on JD's grading system.  If not enough, Skyy Moore in 2nd or 3rd round will be enticing LaFleur.

I just don't see us running an offense with all guys who do the same thing. We got Moore that fits the system to a T. You really don't want just a bunch of 5'10 185lb WRs out there bc you're drafting "system" fits. Have guys that can beat you different ways. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Not exact comparisons... but if I had to partner guys with your names...

Burks = Cooper

Wilson = Faster Jeudy

Williams = Bigger Smith

Olave = Waddle

Donte Stallworth = Ruggs

Antonio Brown = Ridley

I meant like how do they rank.  Is Williams better than or as good as them? 

I just don't see us running an offense with all guys who do the same thing. We got Moore that fits the system to a T. You really don't want just a bunch of 5'10 185lb WRs out there bc you're drafting "system" fits. Have guys that can beat you different ways. 

Agreed.  Which is why I want to take a big possession guy this year (or trade for DK) then next year we can cut CD and draft a speedster.  Then we have a big, physical target on the outside, Moore who fits the system perfectly and can play inside/outside then a burner.  Very hard for defenses to defend that.

6 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I meant like how do they rank.  Is Williams better than or as good as them? 

I think Williams is the only guy that regardless of draft year is always still a top 10 draft pick. I think all the other guys I mentioned though are great WRs and will be great at the next level though.

5 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Agreed.  Which is why I want to take a big possession guy this year (or trade for DK) then next year we can cut CD and draft a speedster.  Then we have a big, physical target on the outside, Moore who fits the system perfectly and can play inside/outside then a burner.  Very hard for defenses to defend that.

I mean we have that already in Davis who just turned 27. I feel like a lot are writing him off like some did with Mosley. Davis is a legit talent. It absolutely baffles me when I hear people say they want to cut him after this season. Good luck finding a proven talent in FA as good as him next off season.

I mean we have that already in Davis who just turned 27. I feel like a lot are writing him off like some did with Mosley. Davis is a legit talent. It absolutely baffles me when I hear people say they want to cut him after this season. Good luck finding a proven talent in FA as good as him next off season.

And at his salary at that. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I understand that but Jets tried for Tyreek Hill so what did it tell us?

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

DK is an upgrade and by then Davis will be in the last year of his contract.

Not trying to get rid of him, but I would rather have Moore, DK and a burner going into 2023. All 25 and under.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m on board with him at 10 especially after we sought Hill. 

At first I thought him and Moore would be too similar to work but now get me Williams at 10 as long as that ACL checks out.

Interesting, don’t see the Moore comparison, but will watch more of him.

I’m sold on his ability to stretch the field vertically, not necessarily his versatility. Question whether or not his speed translates laterally, in a quick hit motion. Frame is worrisome, physically he looks like Will Fuller to me. That doesn’t typically translate multidimensionally. Other concern would be body catching. All generally more questions I’d want answered, as opposed to definite weaknesses I’m attributing to him.

My questions relate to role/potential — If he can excel out of the slot, somewhat unconventionally like Hill (my ideal scenario) … I’d love the pick. Maybe he’s a stretch-x (would have to be physical enough to beat press), who can rotate with Moore as a movable-z... great. Floor/worry would be taking a straight-line, Fuller/Marquise Brown type threat. You can a lot worse, just not what I’d want at 10.

EDIT: FWIW don’t want to purport the sense I’m an expert on his game. Didn’t watch much college football last year. I’ve checked out some highlights and read tidbits, but will have more of my own opinion before the draft.

Edited by NJC33

2 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Interesting, don’t see the Moore comparison, but will watch more of him.

I’m sold on his ability to stretch the field vertically, not necessarily his versatility. Question whether or not his speed translates laterally, in a quick hit motion. Frame is worrisome, physically he looks like Will Fuller to me. That doesn’t typically translate multidimensionally. Other concern would be body catching. All generally more questions I’d want answered, as opposed to definite weaknesses I’m attributing to him.

My questions relate to role/potential — If he can excel out of the slot, somewhat unconventionally like Hill (my ideal scenario) … I’d love the pick. Maybe he’s a stretch-x (would have to be physical enough to beat press), who can rotate with Moore as a movable-z... great. Floor/worry would be taking a straight-line, Fuller/Marquise Brown type threat. You can a lot worse, just not what I’d want at 10.

Especially when we can just sign will fuller lol 

• Like 1