2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

9 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

How interested were we in Rashaan Gary coming out? Feel like him and Travon Walker are very similar prospects.

I don't remember Jets wanting Gary for Gregg Williams' defense but I can lie about JD could take Gary if he was GM. lol.

Gary and Walker may come in similarly but Gary had more experience on outside (DE and LB?) than Walker who played majority of time as DT role ( 6t and inside) with sub package for outside roles (7t and open).

9 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Funny thing is that we don't want Jermaine Johnson because of one year wonder for FSU after being limited for UGA but we want Jameson Williams despite of one year wonder year for Alabama after being buried in depth of OSU's WR.

It’s not the same thing.

26 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Funny thing is that we don't want Jermaine Johnson because of one year wonder for FSU after being limited for UGA but we want Jameson Williams despite of one year wonder year for Alabama after being buried in depth of OSU's WR.

I would welcome either. I’ve never knocked either for their game. Johnson I’ve only knocked his age.

24 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Not sure the validity, but it is a guy with a blue checkmark, so not just a joe schmo

I think it still happens. DK will be a Jet and he is worth the 10th pick in my eyes. Yes 25 mill too. Seattle needs pick and a quick rebuild and move down from 10 to collect more.

2 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I don't love sending 10 overall but looking at it as Jamal Adams for dk and Vera tucker is pretty sweet

Given DKs age… I’m ok with it. Especially if we know our plan is to go WR at 10. The likelihood of that WR being DK good isn’t great.

26 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Given DKs age… I’m ok with it. Especially if we know our plan is to go WR at 10. The likelihood of that WR being DK good isn’t great.

I agree that his age is a big factor in being ok. 

I also like that his has some years of NFL exp under his belt. Any rookie is going to need to learn the ropes still. Hopefully a guy like DK can bring some of his experience working with a top QB like Russ and help grow the offense.

Also be would be our first real RedZone threat since old Brandon Marshall.

I just saw that Baseball HOF Jim Thome and his wife canceled their season tickets to the Browns because of D. Watson. His wife then posted a tweet from one of the victims saying she is proud of Mrs. Thome for turning back her seasons tickets and that she will keep pursuing the case. I'm SOOOOOO happy the Jets did not trade for him. I don't care how good he was, could be or is. This was a great move by not getting him. This is going to be a PR nightmare for YEARS!!!! I think the Browns got ripped off hard on this. Roger G. will have him miss some more games this year. It may get to a point where D. Watson may not throw a football for almost 2 years. You can build up a lot of rust on that time. Then to think you gave up 3 first round picks. CRAZY!!!!

15 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think only one person responded to my question.

How does Williams rank as a prospect compared to Cooper, Jeudy, Smith, Waddle, Ruggs, Ridley?

Trying to remember my feelings during their draft year, I think I would list them - Waddle, Cooper, Williams, Smith, Ridley, Jeudy, Ruggs . 

4 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Bruce Arians is hanging up the old headset and our old friend Todd Bowles is the new HC there in TB. 

Hope for Tampa fans he’s going to do a better job than he did for us. 

So Brady will run the O and Bowles will run the D. Leftwich is Brady assistant. 

I'm thinking that we lose out on DK as well. For a different reason though. Hill didn't want to join us, KC was ok with the deal. I think the opposite will be here. I think DK will have no problem joining us and signing long term, but that SEA wont want to trade with us. Trading 10 for him is a tough pill to swallow for Schneider. To trade now your best player for the pick you traded to us for Adams?

That being said... it's going to be hard for teams like GB and KC to outbid that 10th pick. They're going to have to put together quite a package to get him. And bc of the history with us... not sure Schneider evens calls JD to see if he can beat it if he's happy with a deal with GB or KC.