2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm thinking that we lose out on DK as well. For a different reason though. Hill didn't want to join us, KC was ok with the deal. I think the opposite will be here. I think DK will have no problem joining us and signing long term, but that SEA wont want to trade with us. Trading 10 for him is a tough pill to swallow for Schneider. To trade now your best player for the pick you traded to us for Adams?

That being said... it's going to be hard for teams like GB and KC to outbid that 10th pick. They're going to have to put together quite a package to get him. And bc of the history with us... not sure Schneider evens calls JD to see if he can beat it if he's happy with a deal with GB or KC. 

If he doesn't take the best deal available ... he should not be GM ... If he's trading DK and we have the best trade package offered ... and he doesn't take it because of ego ... he isnt fit to be GM... This is business cant let your ego get in the way ...

That said I feel the packers or the chiefs will prob outbid us by offering something crazy ... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

If he doesn't take the best deal available ... he should not be GM ... If he's trading DK and we have the best trade package offered ... and he doesn't take it because of ego ... he isnt fit to be GM... This is business cant let your ego get in the way ...

That said I feel the packers or the chiefs will prob outbid us by offering something crazy ... 

If JD is adamant about not giving up 10 obviously we have to talk about 35 and 38. GB is drafting at 28, so that's a better pick. KC has 29 AND 30 now after the Hill trade. So if they're willing to part with one of those and we wont move off of 10... it will be hard to beat them out. We offer 10 and it's hard for them to compete.

JD offers up 10 I think it's hard for GB and KC to compete. We offer a package with our 2nd + then I think we lose out bc KC and GB I imagine are trading their 1sts since they're late. 

56 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Seattle would prefer two 2nds vs a single FRP. That’s how they tend to operate. That being said I don’t see Joe giving up 10 for a receiver.

Nah.. Seahawks can trade down in 1st round for better return than those 2nd round picks.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I think both GB and KC just traded their number one WR cause they couldn't afford to pay them these outrageous numbers.  Why would that change for Metcalf?

Adams and Hill wanted new contract now.  Metcalf who came from foot surgery (removing screw) may not demand new contract right now.    It is just timing.  Age may be another factor here.

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Adams and Hill wanted new contract now.  Metcalf who came from foot surgery (removing screw) may not demand new contract right now.    It is just timing.  Age may be another factor here.

Metcalf is in the last year of his deal. He’s up for a new contract at the end of the year. 

10 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Metcalf is in the last year of his deal. He’s up for a new contract at the end of the year. 

His value is high now as well. It really cant get any higher. Especially with no QB worth a darn there as of now.